X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KRC
    • Aug 2004

New purchase of MM1

Yesterday I picked up a pair of MM1's, right out of the box they sounded very good. Of course you have to compare apples to apples, so running them up against my 703's with Anthem pre/pro/amp is not a fair comparison. Played a bunch of stuff off of ITunes and a few snippets of DVD's just to hear their abilities. When you position them just right, and you have to be in the sweet spot for them they sound great. I just wish the "slave" between the two was a foot longer you you could get a bit more separation from them. I was amazed by the quality of bass for something 6" tall and 4" around with a 3 " "woofer". the fact you can run them from a laptop or an IPOD is great for us as will use them on the back deck in summer, and we have a trailer so in stead of using the goofy built in system we have something that is higher quality. Anybody else own a pair of these and what is your impression?

Kevin
  • htsteve
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2004

Kevin,

I also have a pair of MM1's. My impressions are pretty much the same. Love the full sound. And yes, the bass is really impressive for something this size. The portability is nice as well.

Comment

• Hammie
      • Oct 2005

I have my MM-1's connected to a Mac Mini right now. I also have the same impressions of sound. I don't have the issue for separation. From where I sit at me desk, I get a perfect triangle with the cord length provided with the speakers.

BTW, I have a B&W Zeppelin connected to an AirPort Express for my second floor and outdoor music duties. I control iTunes with the Apple Remote app for my iPad.
      Panasonic TC-P65VT30
      Onkyo Pro PR-SC5508 | M2Tech Young DAC | Emotiva XPA-1 (x3), XPA-2
      Oppo BDP-93 | DirecTV HR23-700 HD-DVR | Pioneer PL-670 Turntable
      Sony Playstation 3 | Nintendo Wii | Apple TV 2, Mac Mini (iTunes Server), iPad
      B&W 804S, HTM3S, CWM DS8 | SVS PB12-NSD | Denon AH-D2000 Headphones
      Tripp Lite HT1210ISOCTR Power Conditioner, SMART1000LCD UPS System
      My Bowers & Wilkins 800 Series Setup
      Next Upgrade: Cables

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"