X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • turnupthemetal
    • Mar 2008

LM1 Query

Not sure if this is the place to ask this question. If it is not, I apologise and if you could please direct me to the right place I would appareciate it. So, I have a pair of LM1's (which I love to bits!!) and the JVC VS DT6 microsystem that they were attached to 'blew' a channel so I am in the market for a new wallmountable microsystem for under a thousand bucks. Actually, under 500 bucks would be better. I have considered having the JVC repaired, but I figure it would probably cost more than the thing is worth, so... Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
  • stuofsci02
    Super Senior Member
    • Nov 2009

If it must be a mini system, I would probably look for a used Arcam Solo..

There are several on Audiogon..

http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?intatran&1290514911&/Arcam-Solo-Music-Reduced!
    Main System:
    B&W 801D
    Emotiva USP-1 Pre-Amp
    Chord SPM-650 Stereo Amp
    Oppo BDP-105
    Squeezebox Touch

Second System:
    B&W CM7
    Emotiva UMC-1
    Emotiva UPA-2
    Oppo BDP-83SE
    Grant Fidelity DAC-09

Comment

• turnupthemetal
      • Mar 2008

Thanks for the suggestion, but I need something that is wall mountable. My partner has been having a look around and she came across the B & O Beocenter range. Particularly the 9300, 9000, and 3200, but they are simply out of our price range. She has also stipulated though that the system must be wall mounted, just like the JVC. I suggested running cable from my system in the lounge room to the kitchen and hooking the LM1's up to speaker B. I have a Denon AVR1707 amplifier and a Denon CD player. This combo, I think, would make my LM1's sing, but my partner has her heart set on a wall mountable microsystem

Comment

• turnupthemetal
        • Mar 2008

Bump!

Wall mountable is no longer a necessity :lol: . I looked in to the Arcam Solo and while that appears to be a very nice system, it is still a little out of the price range, even second hand. I thought about getting a Zeppelin and doing away with the LM1's, but for me mp3 and B&W is an oxymoron, so I need something with CD player. What I am considering is a Denon DM38DAB. I can get one for a very good price (i.e., under $500) and while I don't have digital radio in my town yet, I look forward to when we do so this unit is sort of future-proof. What are people's thoughts on this pairing with the LM1's. This is the link to the product:

Denon DM38DAB

Cheers.
        Last edited by turnupthemetal; 21 March 2011, 19:25 Monday. Reason: Added additional options that I have considered.

Comment

• Audiophiliac
          • Apr 2006

Nothing wrong with the Zeppelin Air. Sounds great and you are not limited to MP3. If you use iTunes, you will have a great time playing your music using Airplay. Using Apple Lossless, you will not miss your CDs at all. Put them all on your computer and get an iPod Touch or iPad to control it. Fun stuff.

If you need a CD player, but still want to be able to explore other options, the Denon RCD-N7 is pretty hot. It also supports Airplay and has a dock on it for iPod as well. Internet radio to boot. Fun little piece of kit IMHO.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"