X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pramod
    • Dec 2005

B&W Center Channel Question

Dear Beloved Forum Experts,

Feeling good to post in here after a long time gap. I came to seek your expert suggestion for making a decision. I currently have 603-S3 fronts. and wanted to build my 5.1 HT around it and go further as my pocket supports , hence in a search of the center channel. my dealer has some demo pairs of HTM-62 and HTM-7, I'd like to ask which will be my best pick between those 2 centers, since HTM-7 is for old 700 series, will it match the old B&W 603-S3 fronts?? or will the newer model center HTM-62 is just fine with my old 603-S3's? I just cannot find the older matching LCR-600 center :cry: any input is appreciated.

PS: any good Sub Woofer suggestion is also appreciated. for the above future HT setup, without digging my pocket deep.

Thanks
    P
  • metallicaband
    • Nov 2008

Is buying online an option? I've seen quite a few LCR-600 center speakers on ebay and audiogon.com recently.

About the subwoofer, I have an HSU sub and it's awesome, definitely look into their products since they're very affordable specially for the performance:

The best value for price home theater systems and subwoofers on the market guaranteed

I never used SVS, but I heard they make solid subwoofers as well.

Comment

• pramod
      • Dec 2005

No, buying online is not an option to this part of the world, as it would cost heavy to import and we do not have any HSU dealers here. if I get HTM-7 will it match? I'm getting for USD 525, will it match with my 603-S3 fronts? or I go with the HTM62? which is Demo peace for USD 340$'s what is my best match for the center between these 2

Thx in advance

Comment

• stuofsci02
        Super Senior Member
        • Nov 2009

Do you have an opportunity to test at home?

The HTM62 is a MTM (mid-tweeter-mid) speaker and is therefore a major compromise in off axis performance. As such it is not going to be a great match even to the new 600 series speakers.

The HTM7 is going to be a better center because it uses a vertical mid-tweet alignment and is just plain better construction. I am afraid, however, that you still will not have a great match to your 603s.

That said, if it was me, I would still opt for the HTM7 if it had to be one of those two. One thing I can't stand is muddied dialog.
        Main System:
        B&W 801D
        Emotiva USP-1 Pre-Amp
        Chord SPM-650 Stereo Amp
        Oppo BDP-105
        Squeezebox Touch

Second System:
        B&W CM7
        Emotiva UMC-1
        Emotiva UPA-2
        Oppo BDP-83SE
        Grant Fidelity DAC-09

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"