Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • deepfriedbutter
    • May 2014

Statements Center advice, please

Hello! I'm looking to possibly build a statement center to match my full statement towers. I have a few concerns, however. My max weight is 40lbs due to my center being mounted to my up/down TV mount and I cannot space the speaker 18" away from the wall. I know the statement II is sealed, but I doubt it's under 40lbs. If the statement I center (sealed version?) is not an option in my scenario, are there any alternatives? I'd like to have something I can buy as a flat pack as my friend who helped me build the statements passed away a few months ago and I don't have many woodworking tools. If nothing ideal is possible in the DIY realm, I could build a statement II and put it on a floor stand. Is there a version of the statement II that matches the original statement I towers?

Current center right now is an NHT Absolute Center and it does the job just fine, but I can't shake the "what if" feeling of having a matching center. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one with this problem.

I'm open to all suggestions and recommendations.

Thanks!
    Jaime

Click image for larger version

Name:	G30SSOf.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	1.73 MB
ID:	935841
    Last edited by theSven; 03 May 2023, 20:12 Wednesday. Reason: Update image location
  • Jim Holtz
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

Hi Jaime,

The Statements look great! Excellent craftsmanship! :T

I would suggest you build the Statements II center and set it on a stand below the TV. It's sealed so positioning is flexible. The voicing will match your Statements and position you for the Statements II upgrade kit for the future if you wish. You will hear the difference compared to your current center. However, I'm not aware of any flat packs available for it. I'd suggest you check with Mark at Meniscus for options.

HTH

Jim

Comment

• deepfriedbutter
      • May 2014

Thanks, Jim! I believe speakerhardware.com makes a kit for the statement one and II.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"