X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hotwheels
    • Jul 2005

B&W Center for Rogers LS7?

Hello,
    After a long time I have decided to try to work around what I have always thought was a living room that was just not well suited to sound or HT. My spouse has wanted HT for a few years, so we bought a 37" LCD and she brought home a Rotel 1056 the other day. We hooked it up to L&R Rogers LS7s and used Celing B&W CCM80's as the rear sourrounds. She was almost happy.

We auditioned 703,704, and 705s but the sales person encouraged us to listen to the Rogers with our setup and maybe acquire a center channel and sub.

I realize the center should "match" the sub, but I like the sound of the Rogers for music and they sound ok too for the HT setup with our B&W celings. What B&W center might be a match for the Rogers?

Thanks for any ideas.
    Hotwheels
  • Aussie Geoff
    Super Senior Member
    • Oct 2003

Hotwheels,

Why net get the dealer to sell you a 3rd Rogers LS7 for a centre - they are available in singles from the UK supplier if you ask nicely..

Alternatively - buy a second pair and use the extra for the 6th channel (centre rear)

Geoff

Comment

• hotwheels
      • Jul 2005

Thanks Geoff,
      I have not looked too hard here in the States, but some casual browsing indicated the LS7 is not common. It is a good idea to use a thrid one as a center channel, but I am not sure the space will allow it. I am going to search for a sub first and then look later for the center.
      Thanks!

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
        Super Senior Member
        • Oct 2003

Hotwheels,

Otherwise try the HTM7 (from the 700 Series) or the HTM4S (from the 800 series) - they (especially the HTM4S) will be somewhat of a match - but an expensive one!

Geoff

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"