X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Freddie40
    • Jun 2009

802di and Pure Music "An Idea"

When I had my Matrix 802 Series 2 it came with a bass alignment filter. When added to my system it really made the speakers sound much better.

Recently I though about this in conjunction with the 802di. When if I used the equalizer within Pure Music to boost the lower bass to get the same effect. I know that the 802di has a frequency response of -6db at 27HZ and -3db at 34HZ.

Therefore, to get the effect that the bass alignment filter (I think I'm correct here) I add 2DB at 40hz, 3 db at 31.5hz, 6 db at 25hz and 6 db at 20hz.

Listening: This has a wonderful effect on the overall sound of the speakers. The lower bass is much better, and I think it really makes the sound much better overall.

Any Thoughts?

Dave
    Crystal Clear Music Tweaked Mac Mini / Yosemite -> JRiver 20 -> Ayre QB9DSD -> Bryston BP26DA -> Bryston 4BSST2 -> B&W 802Di | Transparent Reference XLRs, Transparent Super Speaker Cable, Maple Shade USB cable, Crystal Clear Music Power Cords
  • Kal Rubinson
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2006

Bumps the bass. Not an alignment filter unless it was designed for the transfer-function of the 802Di.
    Kal Rubinson

Comment

• wettou
      Ultra Senior Member
      • May 2006

Originally posted by Kal Rubinson
      Bumps the bass. Not an alignment filter unless it was designed for the transfer-function of the 802Di.
      Kal when is your review for the 800Diamond and Classé CA-M600 coming out
      Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• Kal Rubinson
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2006

Originally posted by wettou
        Kal when is your review for the 800Diamond and Classé CA-M600 coming out
        1. As soon as JA finishes the measurements.
        2. JA's review is in the March issue but I hope to get the cast-offs soon. :W
        Kal Rubinson

Comment

• wettou
          Ultra Senior Member
          • May 2006

Cool

www.classeaudio.com/reviews/reviews.../Stereophile_CAM600_Feb2011.pdf
          Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• realhifi
            • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Freddie40
            When I had my Matrix 802 Series 2 it came with a bass alignment filter. When added to my system it really made the speakers sound much better.

Recently I though about this in conjunction with the 802di. When if I used the equalizer within Pure Music to boost the lower bass to get the same effect. I know that the 802di has a frequency response of -6db at 27HZ and -3db at 34HZ.

Therefore, to get the effect that the bass alignment filter (I think I'm correct here) I add 2DB at 40hz, 3 db at 31.5hz, 6 db at 25hz and 6 db at 20hz.

Listening: This has a wonderful effect on the overall sound of the speakers. The lower bass is much better, and I think it really makes the sound much better overall.

Any Thoughts?

Dave
            My thought is if you like what it does then it's good. Don't get too caught up in the straight wire with gain thing and if you found something that makes you enjoy the music more then it works.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"