X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ray5
    • Dec 2008

calibration

Hi Guys,
    Sometime ago it was mentioned that there is someone who travels around the country who really knows calibration of audio gear. Can someone point me towards him or the thread? Thanks,
    Ray
  • brunsje
    • Jan 2009

Ok

getbettersound.com

Comment

• ninja12
      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by ray5
      Hi Guys,
      Sometime ago it was mentioned that there is someone who travels around the country who really knows calibration of audio gear. Can someone point me towards him or the thread? Thanks,
      Ray
      Jeff Meier. http://www.accucalhd.com

Comment

• ray5
        • Dec 2008

Many thanks. How is Jeff? Any personal experience?
        Ra

Comment

• ninja12
          • Mar 2007

Many thanks. How is Jeff? Any personal experience?
          Ra
          I found him to be very professional, knows his stuff, and enjoy talking to you about what he's doing and why he's doing it. He raised the level of my system by at least 3 levels. I was very pleased with his work.

Comment

• ray5
            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by ninja12
            I found him to be very professional, knows his stuff, and enjoy talking to you about what he's doing and why he's doing it. He raised the level of my system by at least 3 levels. I was very pleased with his work.
            great, thanks. This is what I want to do.
            Speaker placement advice
            room treatment
            subwoofer integration
            Monitor ISF calibration
            Whole system integration.
            Ray

Comment

• ninja12
              • Mar 2007

great, thanks. This is what I want to do.
              Speaker placement advice
              room treatment
              subwoofer integration
              Monitor ISF calibration
              Whole system integration.
              Ray
              I'm sure that he will have no problem helping you with that. Just contact him and let him know what you want to do.

Comment

• ray5
                • Dec 2008

Will do, thanks

Comment

• Hallett
                  • Jun 2006

Hello if you don't mind me asking what did he do to your system?
                  i see he has some openings for arizona might have him come out do some calibrating with my velodyne.DD-18 thanks for the info .

feel free tp pm me if you like . :T
                  Classe ssp-600
                  Classe CA-M400 Monoblocks
                  Classe CDP-100
                  B&W 802D :T ;x(
                  Velodyne DD-18 :T

Comment

• ninja12
                    • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Hallett
                    Hello if you don't mind me asking what did he do to your system?
                    i see he has some openings for arizona might have him come out do some calibrating with my velodyne.DD-18 thanks for the info .

feel free tp pm me if you like . :T
                    My primary reason for having Jeff come in was to calibrate my projector which he did an absolutely fabulous job. The first guy that came in to calibrate my projector was in and out in about 45 minutes. I really wasn't pleased with his work, and he didn't really seem to know what he was really doing. I guess when he started saying "I think" and "maybe", and "I don't know why" were enough for me to conclude that I had the wrong guy. However, when Jeff showed up, he spent about 3 hours just on the projector. Jeff is very detail and knows how the picture is suppose to look, and he didn't stop until he reached that goal. He comes in with very expensive professional gear. After that, he checked out my sound system and found out that I had a polarity problem which he corrected. He did proceeded to dial in my subs, via the built-in eq, to integrate more smoothly with the rest of my system. He spent about 7 hours working on my system to make sure I was very happy with everything that he did. He also took the time to explain everything that he was doing and why he was doing it.

Comment

• Hallett
                      • Jun 2006

Excellent that's what I wanted to know sounds like he did a real nice job for you .
                      thanks again for the info. :T
                      Classe ssp-600
                      Classe CA-M400 Monoblocks
                      Classe CDP-100
                      B&W 802D :T ;x(
                      Velodyne DD-18 :T

Comment

• wettou
                        Ultra Senior Member
                        • May 2006

My primary reason for having Jeff come in was to calibrate my projector which he did an absolutely fabulous job. The first guy that came in to calibrate my projector was in and out in about 45 minutes. I really wasn't pleased with his work, and he didn't really seem to know what he was really doing. I guess when he started saying "I think" and "maybe", and "I don't know why" were enough for me to conclude that I had the wrong guy. However, when Jeff showed up, he spent about 3 hours just on the projector. Jeff is very detail and knows how the picture is suppose to look, and he didn't stop until he reached that goal. He comes in with very expensive professional gear. After that, he checked out my sound system and found out that I had a polarity problem which he corrected. He did proceeded to dial in my subs, via the built-in eq, to integrate more smoothly with the rest of my system. He spent about 7 hours working on my system to make sure I was very happy with everything that he did. He also took the time to explain everything that he was doing and why he was doing it.
                        Cool, it sounds like he really takes pride in doing good work this is a lost art
                        Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• ray5
                          • Dec 2008

I just spoke with him and he does take pride in what he does. Have scheduled with him. Thanks.
                          Ray

Comment

• umr
                            • Aug 2010

All of my clients get the same level of attention. I treat everyone's system like it was mine.

Jeff Meier

Comment

Working...
                            Searching...Please wait.
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                            Search Result for "|||"