X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • freon
    • Mar 2005

Someone who knows speakers

I had been waiting for a new line of HTD speakers to come out since the last set of lvl4's sold out long ago.

Well the new ones just showed up on the website http://www.htd.com/ . I am not an expert so can someone else tell me if these look like a good deal.

The original lvl4's are in the clearance link. I am comparing those to the new lvl3's that they are showing.

I am just looking for some intro speakers until I make the journy into building my own. These are mostly for theater use in a 7.1 system which I currently allready have just some rear surround in walls mounted in my room. So I will be purchasing a 5.1 set.

I am not sure if the new type of woofer design and the ribbon tweeters are going to make these speakers any better than the ones that are on clearance...that is my main question.
    My Media room construction page
  • Patt
    • Feb 2005

Hi Freon

Sounds like you're making progress with the H.T. :T

I've never heard of that particular brand but I do know there is a few other manufacturers of speakers in that price range. Axiom and another one recently suggested that just slipped my mind. It would be great if they could be auditioned 'first' without obligation just in case they arent exactly what youre looking for.

Your own little movie theatre.....how cool is that! :yesnod:
    ......Pat

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"