Help Needed--->Anthem A5 and AVM40 for 803d's and HTM2D?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • arube1
    • Dec 2009

Help Needed--->Anthem A5 and AVM40 for 803d's and HTM2D?

Unfortunately had my Marantz 8003 amp and pre/processor stolen from my home and now looking to replace them with possibly the Anthem A5 and AVM40 - or that is what the dealer is suggesting...i had some legibility/dialogue issues before with movies- muddy dialogue- which the dealer blamed on the room acoustics- ( cathedral ceiling and the center speaker- htm2d is on a cabinet sitting close to a rear wall) so now he is suggesting the anthem because of the ARC feature... he has a demo of both the A5 and AVM40 for a combined $5,500 .... he originally proposed to go with the anthem mrx 500 receiver with the A5 amp for $4,250 ( new equip) any thoughts? thanks very much... Arthur
    Last edited by arube1; 29 November 2010, 22:35 Monday. Reason: correct mistake
  • ninja12
    • Mar 2007

Originally posted by arube1
    Unfortunately had my Marantz 8003 amp and pre/processor stolen from my home and now looking to replace them with possibly the Anthem A5 and AVM40 - or that is what the dealer is suggesting...i had some legibility/dialogue issues before with movies- muddy dialogue- which the dealer blamed on the room acoustics- ( cathedral ceiling and the center speaker- htm2d is on a cabinet sitting close to a rear wall) so now he is suggesting the anthem because of the ARC feature... he has a demo of both the A5 and AVM40 for a combined $5,500 .... he originally proposed to go with the anthem mrx 500 receiver with the A5 amp for $4,250 ( new equip) any thoughts? thanks very much... Arthur
    ARC does not run on the AVM40. It runs on the AVM50, AVM50v, D1, D2, and the D2v. Now, keep in mind, ARC is very good, and it does a good job; but, no electronics in the world is going to correct a room with problems. You can only help correct a room with acoustic room treatments.

Comment

• arube1
      • Dec 2009

thanks... they told me the ARC does in fact run with the AVM40- just had to order it separately.... i am also going to work on the acoustic aspects... was just wondering what was my best bet to reduce the dialogue issues i encountered the last time around...

Comment

• arube1
        • Dec 2009

from another thread:

Originally Posted by Bill Mac
        ARC is now available on the AVM40 as an option, older AVM40s can be upgraded as well. I just wish you could get the ARC upgrade for the AVM30 but it is not available.

Bill

Comment

• ninja12
          • Mar 2007

from another thread:

Originally Posted by Bill Mac
          ARC is now available on the AVM40 as an option, older AVM40s can be upgraded as well. I just wish you could get the ARC upgrade for the AVM30 but it is not available.

Bill
          Ok, well I stand corrected. However, if I was you and to be on the safe side, I would send an email to Anthem Tech Support to see what's really involved with adding ARC to an AVM40. Anyway, good luck to you and I hope you enjoy your new toys.

Comment

• arube1
            • Dec 2009

thanks very much- do you know if $5500 is decent for the two units? with the ARC

Comment

• ninja12
              • Mar 2007

thanks very much- do you know if $5500 is decent for the two units? with the ARC
              I would say look on Audigon, and then you can decide.

Comment

• KRC
                • Aug 2004

I have the AVM 50 with ARC and MCA 50 and they are an awesome combination. Yes the ARC does do exactly what it is advertised to do. The 40 and 50 are not far apart other than the 50 has more video processing power and some other features but i think with the 40 you would be getting a heck of a processor. The A5 is a step up from the MCA series, to which I have never heard but would suggest it has extra current delivery for tighter bass etc. The price you were quoted sounds good as i bought mine through Ebay but when I was shopping retail the processor was $4500.00 CAD and the MCA 50 was around $2000.00 CAD. you will not be dissappointed with the pairing.

Kevin

Comment

• arube1
                  • Dec 2009

Thank you very much... very helpful information...

Comment

• KRC
                    • Aug 2004

So how did it go? Decision made and if so how does the combination sound? I am interested as I am kicking the tires for replacing my LCR 60 for a HTM 2D

Kevin

Comment

• htsteve
                      Super Senior Member
                      • Sep 2004

Kevin,

Well, going from the LCR60 to an HTM2D would be quite the jump. The performance would be quite excellent given your electronics.

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"