X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • garak
    • Jul 2007

803D + HTM2D + Rotel 1069, RMB 1077, Opinions please

Hi Guys,

I'm considering an upgrade to 803Ds and an HTM2D. I asked my dealer what kind of amp I should get, and he said I should be fine fine my Rotel 1077.

I was quite shocked as he suggested I buy less stuff. I know I didn't indicate to him that I thought electronics would be out of the budget, so I don't think his suggestion was based on the belief that it was either sell me just the speakers or nothing at all.

So my question is, what would be your opinion of this setup:

Rotel 1069 pre/pro, Rotel 1077 amp + the 803Ds and HTM2D. Is anybody here running this setup?

Thanks in advance.
  • rodH
    • Aug 2002

I have 804s and upgraded from Rotel to Marsh Sound Design Amps. Frankly, I think that the 800 series is too good for Rotel to truly shine. Look at McIntosh or Classe. My dad had the old 803 and when he got Mc stuff, you could hear a difference. After hearing it, I now have a couple Mc amps and Pre/Pro on the way.

Actually, if I were you I would upgrade my amps and pre/pro and try that with you 804s and see what you think, it may just surprise you enough that you may not want to upgrade speakers.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"