Ultra Senior Member
    • May 2006

802Di or 800Di

Selling the following

(2) Nautilus 802 – Cherry $3990/pr
    (2) Nautilus 803 – Cherry $2990/pr
    (1) Nautilus HTM1 – Cherry $1500

SOLD THEM ALL :B :T
    Last edited by wettou; 18 March 2011, 18:10 Friday.
    Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower
  • Skyblue
    • Jun 2009

I've heard both the 800 and the 802s, and if your room and gear can handle it, the 800's wins hands down. No contest at all..
    B&W 800 Diamond, B&W805S, B&W DB1, Classe SSP 800, DIY Icepower ASX2 600W monos, Ayre QB9, JPlay.

Comment

• Briz vegas
      Super Senior Member
      • Mar 2005

Whats the cost of shipping to Australia :-) Shame you aren't local. Would love to audition the 802s in my system. Good luck with the sale.
      Mac 8gb SSD Audirvana ->Weiss INT202 firewire interface ->Naim DAC & XPS2 DR->Conrad Johnson CT5 & LP70S-> Vivid B1s. Nordost Valhalla cables & resonance management. (Still waiting for Paul Hynes PS:M)
      Siamese :evil: :twisted:

Comment

• Canuck525
        • Sep 2010

I have owned B&Ws for a long time and up until now the matrix 801 series III was by far my favorite.I had the nautilus 802( too clinical).I had the 805S, 804s,803D and I had the B&W 802D . I kept moving up the ladder expecting better than what I got each time.I was about to pull the plug on B&W entirely as I simply wasn't satisfied with their new sound. I was going to switch to Wilson Sasha but as I was getting full trade up on the 802D from my dealer I took the 800 Diamonds(I decided I would give B&W one last try).Anyways, to make a long story short B&W has hit one out of the park with these 800 diamonds.These speakers sound so so much better than the 802D that they don't even belong in the same sentence( yes, the difference is that great). They may look like the previous model but they sound incredible in comparison. Make sure you hear them properly set up though or you won't hear the magic they are capable of. yesterday evening I listened for almost 5 hours straight.That should tell you something...

Comment

• wettou
          Ultra Senior Member
          • May 2006

Originally posted by Canuck525
          I have owned B&Ws for a long time and up until now the matrix 801 series III was by far my favorite.I had the nautilus 802( too clinical).I had the 805S, 804s,803D and I had the B&W 802D . I kept moving up the ladder expecting better than what I got each time.I was about to pull the plug on B&W entirely as I simply wasn't satisfied with their new sound. I was going to switch to Wilson Sasha but as I was getting full trade up on the 802D from my dealer I took the 800 Diamonds(I decided I would give B&W one last try).Anyways, to make a long story short B&W has hit one out of the park with these 800 diamonds.These speakers sound so so much better than the 802D that they don't even belong in the same sentence( yes, the difference is that great). They may look like the previous model but they sound incredible in comparison. Make sure you hear them properly set up though or you won't hear the magic they are capable of. yesterday evening I listened for almost 5 hours straight.That should tell you something...
          That is why I am trying to sell all my gear and just buy a pair of 800Di quality vs quantity

What amps do you use?
          Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• Canuck525
            • Sep 2010

I currently have a Bryston 4b sst but I just bought a pair of Bryston 7b sst2 which will be here in a week or 2 .

Comment

• wettou
              Ultra Senior Member
              • May 2006

I currently have a Bryston 4b sst but I just bought a pair of Bryston 7b sst2 which will be here in a week or 2 .
              Did you try Classé new mono blocks CA600M?

Comment

• Canuck525
                • Sep 2010

No one around here has the classe. To be honest the bryston 4b sst sounds very good with them and is driving them with ease. I expect the 7b sst2 will be better but we shall see.....

Comment

• style
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Feb 2006

Hi Canuck525,

from the 802DI and the 800DI the sound is very, very similar: all depend from how much are the dimension from your room!!!

Personaly the 802DI is the best product is the B&W family. :T

A lot of test are be made side by side with the 2 "big" B&W and the resultat is that the room "make the sound": this 2 new speaker are very similar.

style

Comment

• Skyblue
                    • Jun 2009

I've heard 800's with the CA600m's. And that sounded very nice. Highs and mids where fabulous. I could do with a bit more bass though.

As for the 802's they had a 2100 biamped with some classe integrated 100watts as well. That sound didn't come anywhere near the 800s on the ca600's. So, if you have the room, I would definately go for the 800's.

One thing though. Both speakers are really sensistive to current and cables. Changing either can make a significant difference in the sound produced.
                    B&W 800 Diamond, B&W805S, B&W DB1, Classe SSP 800, DIY Icepower ASX2 600W monos, Ayre QB9, JPlay.

Comment

• wettou
                      Ultra Senior Member
                      • May 2006

Originally posted by style
                      Hi Canuck525, this 2 new speaker are very similar. style
                      That's what you think

I agree, room acoustics make up for 50% of the sound unless like me you sit 5 feet away from the speakers.

Comment

• style
                        Super Senior Member
                        • Feb 2006

Sky if you have the same ampli and side biy side the 802Di and the 800DI
                        in a 30m3 room what do xou think???

great sound in not "only" can listen at the max of volume!!!

I want to hear every note from the guitar to the entry furthest... :E not a bass / lowF that make me fall to the ground ... this is not good quality :W

Comment

• beden1
                          Super Senior Member
                          • Oct 2006

Originally posted by wettou
                          That's what you think

I agree, room acoustics make up for 50% of the sound unless like me you sit 5 feet away from the speakers.
                          If you are sitting only 5 feet from the speakers, then do yourself and your wallet a favor and also listen to the 804Ds. I sit about 7 feet from the speakers and they do a great job.

Comment

• Skyblue
                            • Jun 2009

Originally posted by style
                            Sky if you have the same ampli and side biy side the 802Di and the 800DI
                            in a 30m3 room what do xou think???

great sound in not "only" can listen at the max of volume!!!

I want to hear every note from the guitar to the entry furthest... :E not a bass / lowF that make me fall to the ground ... this is not good quality :W
                            Obviously it isnt about volume. Unfortunately I did not hear them on the same amplification, so ...

Comment

• style
                              Super Senior Member
                              • Feb 2006

I agree Brooks!!! :T

I do the the 800d /di is a great speaker but is a fad that you want only the 800 save your money!

Comment

• wettou
                                Ultra Senior Member
                                • May 2006

Originally posted by Skyblue
                                I've heard 800's with the CA600m's. And that sounded very nice. Highs and mids where fabulous. I could do with a bit more bass though.

As for the 802's they had a 2100 biamped with some classe integrated 100watts as well. That sound didn't come anywhere near the 800s on the ca600's. So, if you have the room, I would definitely go for the 800's.

One thing though. Both speakers are really sensitive to current and cables. Changing either can make a significant difference in the sound produced.
                                So you are recommending the CA600M

Comment

• Skyblue
                                  • Jun 2009

So you are recommending the CA600M
                                  Not really, since they are the only amp I heard them with. They did sound very good so you should definately audition them. I personally cant afford them, so they are not in my immediate future and other amps might be out there that are better, I wouldnt know.

With the 802's though, they completely fell through on just 100watts imo. With 2x100 they were good (awesome on some tunes), but I think 300 is probably a min. for me. My plan, fed by lack of funds is to start out with diy icepower modules (3rd generation, 600watts), then perhaps go for used classe or ayre later on, since I like the idea that small amps can be hidden away out of sight.

Perhaps emotiva monos? Not exactly small, but very cheap all considered.

Comment

• kmak
                                    Super Senior Member
                                    • Dec 2002

Nice set-up you have for sale Wettou :T

Fair pricing too. I wish I had the extra dough :cry:

Comment

• wettou
                                      Ultra Senior Member
                                      • May 2006

Originally posted by kmak
                                      Nice set-up you have for sale Wettou :T

Fair pricing too. I wish I had the extra dough :cry:
                                      Thanks I want to sell them fast if I can?

Comment

• jackz
                                        • Dec 2010

Thanks I want to sell them fast if I can?
                                        hi wettou, you still have n802 available, thanks

Comment

• wettou
                                          Ultra Senior Member
                                          • May 2006

Originally posted by jackz
                                          hi wettou, you still have n802 available, thanks
                                          Yes, they are I have an offer but until I see the cash they are still for sale :T

Send me a PM

Comment

• Canuck525
                                            • Sep 2010

Here is a copy of a post I just made on audiogon:

I have had a lot of B&Ws of the years but the last pair I had sounded nowhere near their price tag in my opinion.I even complained to B&W about the so so sound from those things.Check my history and you will see I really knocked those 802Ds.Anyways,as you all know they recently updated the line and I was stuck with these 802D . I thought I would take a real beating on them but thought I would give the Wilson sasha a try.Then I remembered I would get full trade up from my dealer if I went with the B&W again.So I thought I would upgrade to the new series and just sell them off,perhaps I wouldn't lose quite as much and turn around and get the Sasha's.
                                            I called the dealer up I upgraded to the new 800 diamond. After about a month I also upgraded my amps to the new bryston 7bsst2.
                                            I will spare you all the typical audiophile details but in a word all I can say is WOW!!!!! These speakers may look the same as the old series but they sound absolutely spectacular.I was simply not prepared for the changes as they pretty much look identical to the previous D range.
                                            I tried a few amps with them but the bryston 7bsst2 is simply a match made in heaven( imo).Don't even waist your time with low powered whimpy amps on these speakers.You will simply never realize what they are capable of.So, if you audition the new B&W 800 diamond just make sure it has a big kick-ass amp driving them.

Comment

• Freddie40
                                              • Jun 2009

I have had a lot of B&Ws of the years but the last pair I had sounded nowhere near their price tag in my opinion.I even complained to B&W about the so so sound from those things.Check my history and you will see I really knocked those 802Ds.Anyways,as you all know they recently updated the line and I was stuck with these 802D . I thought I would take a real beating on them but thought I would give the Wilson sasha a try.Then I remembered I would get full trade up from my dealer if I went with the B&W again.So I thought I would upgrade to the new series and just sell them off,perhaps I wouldn't lose quite as much and turn around and get the Sasha's.
                                              I called the dealer up I upgraded to the new 800 diamond. After about a month I also upgraded my amps to the new bryston 7bsst2.
                                              I will spare you all the typical audiophile details but in a word all I can say is WOW!!!!! These speakers may look the same as the old series but they sound absolutely spectacular.I was simply not prepared for the changes as they pretty much look identical to the previous D range.
                                              I tried a few amps with them but the bryston 7bsst2 is simply a match made in heaven( imo).Don't even waist your time with low powered whimpy amps on these speakers.You will simply never realize what they are capable of.So, if you audition the new B&W 800 diamond just make sure it has a big kick-ass amp driving them.
                                              Excellent

Dave
                                              Crystal Clear Music Tweaked Mac Mini / Yosemite -> JRiver 20 -> Ayre QB9DSD -> Bryston BP26DA -> Bryston 4BSST2 -> B&W 802Di | Transparent Reference XLRs, Transparent Super Speaker Cable, Maple Shade USB cable, Crystal Clear Music Power Cords

Comment

• HedgeHog
                                                • Dec 2008

Welp, congrats again as those are wonderful speakers. But I dare say that even a jump from 802D to 802Di is a huge improvement. I had the luxury of comparing the new and old side by side in my space. In fact, I was so worried about only getting a placebo affect of the upgrade that I invited others to the 1st listen. Upon switching, the difference so so pronounced that I sense an improved tonality from beside the speaker.

Anyway, the 800Di will be very nice...congrats Canuck525 and all the best in your pursuit, Wettou!

-H

Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO-151FD / Oppo BDP-105 / Apple TV G2 / QNAP Turbo NAS TS-210
                                                Classe Audio SSP-800 / Classe Audio CA-M400 (x2) + CA-5200
                                                B&W 802D2 / B&W HTM2D2 / B&W CCM-818 / JL Audio Fathom 113
                                                Richard Gray Substation 240V + 1200 Custom / ESD Cable Isolators Mk II.
                                                Clear Day Double Shotgun Spkr Cable / White Zombie Audio ZeroPointZero Silver XLR / LessLoss DFPC Original

Comment

• jackz
                                                  • Dec 2010

Yes, they are I have an offer but until I see the cash they are still for sale :T

Send me a PM
                                                  How do we work out? if i want to buy them do you ship it to me or are you live close to kansas i can pick them up, thanks

Comment

• beden1
                                                    Super Senior Member
                                                    • Oct 2006

Originally posted by jackz
                                                    How do we work out? if i want to buy them do you ship it to me or are you live close to kansas i can pick them up, thanks
                                                    He can bring them to the mainland via a hollowed out canoe from the big island, just like his ancesters did in the old days. Mahalo! :B

Comment

• jackz
                                                      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by beden1
                                                      He can bring them to the mainland via a hollowed out canoe from the big island, just like his ancesters did in the old days. Mahalo! :B
                                                      Hey thanks beden1, you are :T

Comment

• wettou
                                                        Ultra Senior Member
                                                        • May 2006

Enjoy

Découvrez la chaîne de production de la série 800 de B&W. Naissance de ces formidables enceintes. Bowers & Wilkins 800 D, 803 D, 802 D, 804 D, 805 D. B&W Fac...

Comment

• azazel
                                                          • Dec 2010

Sorry this question is a bit off topic. How can the power handling and output in db be higher with an 801 compared to an 802 when the frequency response is relatively flat and the weakest part seems to be the tweeter? What is the point in owning an 801 when an 802 is the same but with slightly less low frequency response?

Comment

• wettou
                                                            Ultra Senior Member
                                                            • May 2006

An other one

We go to the Bowers & Wilkins factory to view the latest 800 Diamond Series loudspeakers, and also take a look at The world's most trusted tech news and revi...

Comment

• Kal Rubinson
                                                              Super Senior Member
                                                              • Mar 2006

Can anyone quickly provide the dimensions of the 800 Diamond base plinth? I am not at home where I could just measure it but I need to know this ASAP. Thanks.

Kal
                                                              Kal Rubinson
                                                              _______________________________
                                                              "Music in the Round"
                                                              Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile
                                                              http://forum.stereophile.com/category/music-round

Comment

• realhifi
                                                                • Feb 2011

17.7 x 25.4 from B&W's website.

Comment

• Kal Rubinson
                                                                  Super Senior Member
                                                                  • Mar 2006

Thanks.
                                                                  Kal Rubinson
                                                                  "Music in the Round"

Comment

• scriabind
                                                                    Junior Member
                                                                    • Mar 2011

801 M3's

I have owned 801's since 1986. I listen 99% of the time to classical piano
                                                                    music. The 801 matrix series 3 is excellent. The Nautilus 802 was hard and cold----nothing like a piano should sound and image was to low. I placed my
                                                                    801 M3's on stands. I gave up on the Nautilus and Diamond series.
                                                                    Maybe I will listen to the new 802 Di since Canuck525 had a great experience.

Comment

• JürgenW
                                                                      Senior Member
                                                                      • Jul 2004

Like Canuck 25 I have had B&W quite a time and since several years the Matrix 801 S3 on stands. They sound great, but I thought I give it a try. Therefore today I listened at the dealer quite a while to cd's I had brought with me.
                                                                      The first speaker was the B&W 800D (the 'old' serie): it sounded open and relaxed (+), but for me to two-dimensional, the music didn't get me (-).
                                                                      The second speaker was the B&W 802Di (in another, a smaller, room): it sounded more direct, very clean, involving (+), but sometimes a bit sharp and a bit more strained at low frequencies (-).
                                                                      Back at home I listened to the same music: the involving, nice in balance, nice full range (+), but a bit ! (just a bit) more 'muddy' 'unclean', as well at high frequencies (voice) as at low ones (-).

Music: Anna Netrebko, Sempre libera; Mahler 2, KCO, Jasons; Fleming: Strauss, with Thielemann; Fleming: Bel Canto; Miles Davis, Kind of Blue; Von Otter, Mahler, Zemlinsky and a classic sampler.

So at the moment I am not sure what to do. Well, I know it wan't be the 800D, but what about the 802Di?
                                                                      I have the impression to give up something when I will get something else.

Probably I have to listen to the 802Di at home.

Comment

• Rod#S
                                                                        Senior Member
                                                                        • Oct 2010

Hi Canuck,

Were you ever able to evaluate the previous 800D's? I'm just curious because since you were so unsatisfied with the 802D's I was wondering if you would have felt the same way of the 800D's? I'll pose the same question with the new Diamonds, given your great comments towards the 800 Diamonds have you had an opportunity to listen to the new 802 Diamonds and if so do you still feel they are an underwhelming speaker?

I'm just trying to figure out what it is about the differences between the 800 and 802 that make up the huge price difference between the two as I will never have the opportunity to compare the two. Does it really cost that much more to make a cabinet with more internal volume, using 2 10" drivers compared to 2 8" drivers and adding a more elaborate and much larger plinth? Wouldn't the crossovers in the speakers be the same or are they also different thus adding to the cost? The mid and high range drivers must be identical (size, build materials, crossovers, etc.) are they not?

Thanks,

Rod
                                                                        B&W 800 Diamonds (L/R), HTM2 Diamond (C), 802 Diamonds (SL/SR), Paradigm Signature Sub 25 (LFE), Reference Servo 15a x 2 (Stereo subs), Lexicon MC-12Bv5EQ SSP, Bryston 28B-SST2x 2, 7B-SST2x2, 4B-SST C Series, BDP-2, Oppo UDP-205, Pioneer Elite Kuro PRO-150FD, Furman SPR-20i, IT-Reference, Eastlink Maestro PVR, Xbox One & 360, PS3, Siltech Golden Ridge II, Ruby Hill IIx2, 330ix2, Kimber Kable PK10 Gold, Tonic, PBJ, Cadence, HD19e, HD19, OPT-1, HDSW 4x1, Ixos 6003, Harmony 1000

Comment

• Canuck525
                                                                          Member
                                                                          • Sep 2010

I never did an audition of the 800D but I sure wasn't happy with the 802D. In fact , I was so unsatisfied with the 802D that I went for a period of about 6 months without even listening to them( except for movies).However to me The 800Di is a completely different story.If you get a chance to audition a pair make sure they have really good high powered amps on them.Personally, I haven't heard that many speakers but these simply move my soul.What more could I ask for?
                                                                          I forgot to mention, I never did hear the 802Di.
                                                                          As always this is simply my opinion and if someone is happy with their 802D or whatever speaker that is all that matters.

Comment

• Rod#S
                                                                            Senior Member
                                                                            • Oct 2010
                                                                            • 474

Thanks Canuck. Unfortunately I'll probably never have an opportunity to listen to a pair of 800Di's as over here on the east coast the market is small so the retailers don't stock the super high end stuff. I have seen and heard the 804Di and the 805Di along with the older 803D, 804S and 805S. I can't afford the 800Di but will be getting the 802Di's next month (fingers crossed) sight unseen, well I guess unheard in this case

I got the HTM2Di last month and after the 802Di's are paid for I'll work at getting Diamonds for my 4 surrounds. It would be nice at some point in the future to add some more power for the 802Di's. I have a Bryston 4B-SST and it would be nice to step up to the 14B-SST2 or 2 7B-SST2 amps, or go to the extreme and get 2 28B-SST2 amps

Do you have a Diamond surround setup or are you just using the 800Di's in stereo?
                                                                            B&W 800 Diamonds (L/R), HTM2 Diamond (C), 802 Diamonds (SL/SR), Paradigm Signature Sub 25 (LFE), Reference Servo 15a x 2 (Stereo subs), Lexicon MC-12Bv5EQ SSP, Bryston 28B-SST2x 2, 7B-SST2x2, 4B-SST C Series, BDP-2, Oppo UDP-205, Pioneer Elite Kuro PRO-150FD, Furman SPR-20i, IT-Reference, Eastlink Maestro PVR, Xbox One & 360, PS3, Siltech Golden Ridge II, Ruby Hill IIx2, 330ix2, Kimber Kable PK10 Gold, Tonic, PBJ, Cadence, HD19e, HD19, OPT-1, HDSW 4x1, Ixos 6003, Harmony 1000

Comment

• Canuck525
                                                                              Member
                                                                              • Sep 2010
                                                                              • 31

#39
                                                                              Hey Rod, I purchased both the 800Di and a pair of bryston 7b sst2. I don't have a full diamond surround as I can't afford it this year and I am into some other pretty expensive hobbies( target rifles and highend optics).
                                                                              Next on my list is a really good digital front end. I would really like to hear an Esoteric K-01 but I may have to take a chance and buy it blind.I will only do so though if I get a really good deal.

Comment

• Canuck525
                                                                                Member
                                                                                • Sep 2010
                                                                                • 31

#40
                                                                                I forgot to mention, the bryston 4b sst does a nice job but the 7b sst2 are a step up for sure.The bottom end is noticable tighter and the mids and highs are more silky( imo).

Comment

• mrciave
                                                                                  Senior Member
                                                                                  • Apr 2010
                                                                                  • 105

#41
                                                                                  I never did an audition of the 800D but I sure wasn't happy with the 802D. In fact , I was so unsatisfied with the 802D that I went for a period of about 6 months without even listening to them( except for movies).However to me The 800Di is a completely different story.If you get a chance to audition a pair make sure they have really good high powered amps on them.Personally, I haven't heard that many speakers but these simply move my soul.What more could I ask for?
                                                                                  I forgot to mention, I never did hear the 802Di.
                                                                                  As always this is simply my opinion and if someone is happy with their 802D or whatever speaker that is all that matters.
                                                                                  Hi Canuck, well having owned my 802D for more or less an year now, I can say that I'm quite satisfied with them, but... While building up what is behind them (electronics, cables, ...), they have gone through so many different sounds that I find it difficult to rate just the speaker itself. After one year, I feel the speaker is playing maybe 80% of its potential, and it's quite satisfying for me. But having listened to friend's other speakers, what I can say that these 802D are "discrete". Never outstanding in any aspect, but while working in my living room (home office), the speakers are always on, and that's, I guess, a great +. 12hrs a day of continuous playing, and never wishing to switch them off! But, as you say, as long as you're happy with what you've got, that's the important point!
                                                                                  2ch Setup: Esoteric SA-50, Linn Sondek LP-12 with Lingo and Ittok, Benz Ace SL, Gryphon Diablo, B&W 802D, Kubala-Sosna Emotion XLR and Speaker, Purist Audio Dominus power cords with Oyaide C/P-004/046, Finite-Elemente Pagode Master Reference, Cerapuc, Cerabase, Bybees

Home Theater Setup: Panasonic P50VT50T Plasma, Oppo BDP-95 BD Player with digital optical to Esoteric

Comment

• wettou
                                                                                    Ultra Senior Member
                                                                                    • May 2006
                                                                                    • 3389

#42
                                                                                    I could not agree more the 800Di will blow the 802Di IMHO
                                                                                    They need the power I have them hooked up to the Classé CA-M600 and oh my :B

Comment

• Rod#S
                                                                                      Senior Member
                                                                                      • Oct 2010
                                                                                      • 474

#43
                                                                                      I could not agree more the 800Di will blow the 802Di IMHO
                                                                                      They need the power I have them hooked up to the Classé CA-M600 and oh my :B
                                                                                      So what is it that allows the 800Di's to blow away the 802Di's? I'm just trying to figure out why that is because on paper at least the only thing the 800Di's have over the 802Di's is a lower bass response due to the 10" drivers. The mid and tweeter are identical. Please don't think I'm challenging anyone or implying any level of dishonesty in people's comments because I'm not.

The tech person in me is just wondering if as an experiment 800Di's and 802Di's were set up side by side in a blind test and say one or two subs were used, crossed over at say around the 100Hz area (I know the crossover in the speakers is at 350Hz but most receivers/processors can not crossover so high) would someone be able to hear a difference do you think? Obviously comparing the 2 speakers running full range should be more noticeable.

Do the 800Di's have better electronics? That in and of itself could explain why people hear such a difference between the 2 speakers.

Just curious.

Rod
                                                                                      Last edited by Rod#S; 02 April 2011, 21:18 Saturday. Reason: typo

Comment

• Rod#S
                                                                                        Senior Member
                                                                                        • Oct 2010
                                                                                        • 474

#44
                                                                                        I forgot to mention, the bryston 4b sst does a nice job but the 7b sst2 are a step up for sure.The bottom end is noticable tighter and the mids and highs are more silky( imo).
                                                                                        Thanks, yeah I would definitely like to upgrade in the future but I'll make sure to get the rest of the speakers first. What you describe is what I see people write about quite often on the Bryston forums when upgrading to the higher output amps so I do look forward to the day I can make the jump myself.

Comment

• Kal Rubinson
                                                                                          Super Senior Member
                                                                                          • Mar 2006
                                                                                          • 2109

#45
                                                                                          Originally posted by Rod#S
                                                                                          The tech person in me is just wondering if as an experiment 800Di's and 802Di's were set up side by side in a blind test and say one or two subs were used, crossed over at say around the 100kHz area (I know the crossover in the speakers is at 350kHz but most receivers/processors can not crossover so high) would someone be able to hear a difference do you think? Obviously comparing the 2 speakers running full range should be more noticeable.
                                                                                          Those filters will not make any difference, of course, as even the Diamond tweeters don't get up into that range. :W
                                                                                          Kal Rubinson
                                                                                          "Music in the Round"

Comment

Working...
                                                                                          Searching...Please wait.
                                                                                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                                                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                                                          Search Result for "|||"