X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dukester
    • Sep 2010

HTM2Di finally in!

After a little over a month of waiting, finally got my HTM2Di (replaced a HTM61). Got it last week and have been some SACD/Blu-ray time in. Just after ordering it i became very critical of the HTM61, looking for every flaw i could find to justify the upgrade. Had I not upgraded from the 683's to the 803Di's i might have been able to live with the HTM61. However since the 803Di upgrade, no matter what i tried i could not integrate the HTM61 well and subsequently, in the presence of the 803Di's, it sounded very bland and closed in...especially noticeable during lengthy dialogue scenes. I feel the HTM2Di's tonal balance (smoother highs/very detailed mids & lows) has made my front three much more coherent. Sound isn't coming from a box underneath my monitor, but more like another dimension of soundstage. I didn't need to be in the sweet spot to enjoy. Bottom line, the HTM2Di produced a layer the HTM61 could not and i couldn't be happier. Is it worth the premium? Definitely for me. A note of caution for those planning to upgrade to the 80xDi's, be prepared to run into the same issues i just experienced (integration) and start diverting funds for one of these awesome center speakers. Thanks to all who gave me great feedback during my search...appreciate the help :T
    McIntosh C2300/MC302, NAD T785, Oppo 83se & 105, Squeezebox Touch, AppleTV, B&W 803Di/HTM2Di/M1, REL G1, Sony XBR9, PS3
  • stuofsci02
    Super Senior Member
    • Nov 2009

Very nice...

I used to also have the HTM61 and I didn't even find it was particularly good at matching the 683 let alone any of the higher end speakers.

When I got my 804s, like you, I could not stand it anymore. I found a good deal on a used HTM4s and never looked back.. It is amazing how the two-way HTM4s with no FST runs circles around the HTM61.

Enjoy your new sounds stage...
    Main System:
    B&W 801D
    Emotiva USP-1 Pre-Amp
    Chord SPM-650 Stereo Amp
    Oppo BDP-105
    Squeezebox Touch

Second System:
    B&W CM7
    Emotiva UMC-1
    Emotiva UPA-2
    Oppo BDP-83SE
    Grant Fidelity DAC-09

Comment

• htsteve
      Super Senior Member
      • Sep 2004

dukester,

Congratulations. I'm definitely not surprised at your reaction. The front stage should definitely sound like a unified wall.

You are likely to be surprised at how much bass that center can put out.

Enjoy!

Comment

• style
        Super Senior Member
        • Feb 2006

Enjoy with the new htm2DI :T

I have the 803DI and I'm happy : center htm2D......have the Htm2DI will be a very great front end!!

Style

Comment

• emig5m
          • Aug 2008

I went from the HTM61 to the HTM3S and boy is it more airy, detailed, and the drivers/sound is more coherent. Of course, the 800s sound is also more outside the box than in the 600s. Never thought in my life I'd be spending multiple thousands on a single speaker! 8O But non-the-less, my 800s are one of my favorite of all time purchases I've ever made! I love em'! :T

Comment

• dukester
            • Sep 2010

'Never thought in my life I'd be spending multiple thousands on a single speaker!'

Totally agree...It was one of my toughest purchases but in terms of dollar value...

'Of course, the 800s sound is also more outside the box than in the 600s'

How very true...i hadn't heard the 803Di's before deciding i could not live with the boxiness of the 683's. The 803Di upgrade only magnified that characteristic. The HTM2Di's detail and openness matches the 803Di's very well...and improved my overall HT experience tenfold.
            McIntosh C2300/MC302, NAD T785, Oppo 83se & 105, Squeezebox Touch, AppleTV, B&W 803Di/HTM2Di/M1, REL G1, Sony XBR9, PS3

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍
            👎
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"