X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dickers
    • Apr 2017

CMC2 or HTM4s to match with 683 S1?

Long time reader, but only recently a member.

I recently replaced my Paradigm Studio 60 with B&W 683 S1 speakers. My usage is 80% HT and 20% music and I love them. I now need to find a matching center channel. Based on the bad reviews of the HTM61 S1, those are out of the question.

In the used market, HTM4s and CMC2 are going for within $50 of one another. Which do you think would be a better match (and value)? Should I go cheaper with the HTM61 S2?

I'm not proud, but I sold my Rotel 1075 and am now just driving these with a Denon receiver (if that makes a difference).
  • dan87951
    • Nov 2005

I would pick the HTM4s. Yes, it isn't "voice matched", however it's a much better center than a CMC2 and will also hold it's value better. I always thought the bad reviews for the HTM61 were a little much. I actually thought it was a ok a center. Good luck!
    dan87951
    audio guru

Comment

• TomScrut
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Nov 2013

I didn't like the HTM61 tbh but is probably the best match for your speakers. I suppose a lot of it depends where you are your system going. The HTM4S is a better speaker than the CMC2 but OTOH if you end up going to the CM range in the future (I would skip it and go to older 800S series if/when you change TBH) then you want the CMC IMO

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
      Music: Intel NUC -> Antelope Zodiac Platinum -> Classe CA-2300 -> B&W 802 Diamonds & 2x SVS SB13U

Comment

• dickers
        • Apr 2017

Originally posted by dan87951
        I would pick the HTM4s. Yes, it isn't "voice matched", however it's a much better center than a CMC2 and will also hold it's value better. I always thought the bad reviews for the HTM61 were a little much. I actually thought it was a ok a center. Good luck!
        Thanks

Comment

• dickers
          • Apr 2017

Originally posted by TomScrut
          I didn't like the HTM61 tbh but is probably the best match for your speakers. I suppose a lot of it depends where you are your system going. The HTM4S is a better speaker than the CMC2 but OTOH if you end up going to the CM range in the future (I would skip it and go to older 800S series if/when you change TBH) then you want the CMC IMO

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
          Thanks

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"