X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dan87951
    • Nov 2005

B&W 803D's and Emotiva XPA-1's

Here is a short video clip of the B&W 803D's I just bought. I'm absolutely loving the upgrade. The speakers have a huge sound stage and improved sound all across the board compared to my old CM9's. Still dialing in the room as I have some resonance somewhere that I got to nail down but otherwise i'm loving the upgrade. The diamond tweeter is pretty good but starting to get to that price/performance ratio of diminishing returns as even the older S tweeter was pretty smooth (buddy has 803S). Not only that a new S tweeter diaphragm was only 120 or so where as with the diamond your looking at 10 times that for a replacement. Unbelievable...

As of right now, I'm pretty happy, so I'll probably keep these a while. If I was to upgrade I think the next would be a nice older set of Sig 800's in Tiger Eye Red. At least a replacement tweeter is reasonable..

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7no04oFhAlE[/YOUTUBE]
    dan87951
    audio guru
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"