What YouTube Music Video are You Listening to?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Johnloudb
    Super Senior Member
    • May 2007

What YouTube Music Video are You Listening to?

Okay, I have to admit I'm a bit stupid and naive about YouTube. ops: I just thought it was mostly people posting their home movies, political opinions, and such. Anyhoo, Russ L mentioned he looked up some music on YouTube, and I decided to check out KT Tunstall on YouTube, after Russ recommended this KT Tunstall CD HERE.

This so much better than listening to music clips at music stores. :T Much Thanks to ;x( Russ. So here's rocker chick KT Tunstall - Suddenly I See on YouTube. She's so straight forward, natural, and lets the music rip. I think she's great. This probably not her best, but I like it.

So, feel free to share your favorite music videos.
    John unk:

"Why can't we all just, get along?" ~ Jack Nicholson (Mars Attacks)

My Website (hyperacusis, tinnitus, my story)
  • bigburner
    Super Senior Member
    • May 2005

There is an unbelievable amount on music on YouTube, some of it very rare because the original DVD or VHS is no longer being manufactured.

Anyway, time for a post.

This is a clip of my 18 year old son who plays in a band called No Heroes. Ignore the bad acting and look out for the dark haired guitarist on the right hand side of your screen.

No, heroes, the, city, secrets, post, hardcore, alternative, saosin, skylit, drive, myspace, awesome, boobs

Nigel.

Comment

• Russ L
      • Jul 2006

Originally posted by bigburner
      This is a clip of my 18 year old son who plays in a band called No Heroes. Ignore the bad acting and look out for the dark haired guitarist on the right hand side of your screen.

No, heroes, the, city, secrets, post, hardcore, alternative, saosin, skylit, drive, myspace, awesome, boobs

Nigel.
      Hey your son can really rock out. Good clip. I like the name of the poster of the video!

There is an unbelievable amount on music on YouTube, some of it very rare because the original DVD or VHS is no longer being manufactured.
      That is so true. Heres my favourite rare gem from 1968. You need a flowered shirt to listen to this psychedelic era hit from THE SMALL FACES. As you may recall the lip-synching and pretend instrument playing was standard practice on TV those days. :lol:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
      Russ

Comment

• wkhanna
        Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2006

That's a great clip, Nigel!

And just think, Maybe in about 20 more years you can both sit down to discus the compositional impressionistic nuances of Mussorgsky’s ‘Pictures at an Exhibition’ after a nice 60 dB listening session. :W

I am sure your influence and motivation has had a lot to do with his desire to pursue music.

Well Done!
        _

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
        ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

FinleyAudio

Comment

• Johnloudb
          Super Senior Member
          • May 2007

Nigel, your son can really play! Great clip.

I not trying to be a pain in the butt here. Does he use ear protection when he plays? I just worry about these things, because I have some high frequency hearing loss above 4kHz due to playing the stereo too loud. And, I regret it now and I never played it terribly loud.
          John unk:

Comment

• wkhanna
            Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
            • Jan 2006

Good point, John.

I have suffered hearing loss from my time spent in motor sports. Can’t go back and do it right now. It’s too late.
            _

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
            ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

FinleyAudio

Comment

• David Meek
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2000

Yeah, me too. Lot's of guns, loud music/concerts and power tools.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Chris D
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Dec 2000

ok, in that case...

DAVID, BILL, AND JOHN, IS THIS BETTER? CAN YOU OLD FOGIES HEAR US NOW?

CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
                - Pleasantville

Comment

• bigburner
                  Super Senior Member
                  • May 2005

Originally posted by Chris D
                  DAVID, BILL, AND JOHN, IS THIS BETTER? CAN YOU OLD FOGIES HEAR US NOW?
                  Pardon?

Comment

• Johnloudb
                    Super Senior Member
                    • May 2007

Now that we've all acknowledged our deafness, I'll proceed and post these musical offerings:

Keren Ann - "Que n' ai-je" and "L'Onde amere" from here album Nolita.

(ooooh - la - la, I love Keren Ann):
                    Keren Ann, Que n'ai-je at Bowery Ballroom 3-08

Keren Ann, L'Onde amere
                    John unk:

Comment

• Russ L
                      • Jul 2006

Or this one from Keren Ann...Lay Your Head Down

Since we're listening to trip-hop styled songs... How about the more electronica based tripped out songs from Imogen Heap's "Speak for Yourself" CD. SQ 1st rate. Headlock
                      Russ

Comment

• don9146
                        • Nov 2008

I'm laughing at this one, but Joe Satriani probably isn't. In fact, he's suing.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Later,
                        Don
                        Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut. - Ernest Hemingway

Comment

• Russ L
                          • Jul 2006

Originally posted by don9146
                          I'm laughing at this one, but Joe Satriani probably isn't. In fact, he's suing.

Later,
                          Don
                          :rofl: Brilliant!
                          Russ

Comment

• Chris D
                            Moderator Emeritus
                            • Dec 2000

Sounds pretty similar to me!
                            CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
                            - Pleasantville

Comment

• Johnloudb
                              Super Senior Member
                              • May 2007

I agree, sounds like a ripoff. I'd think winning the lawsuit would be difficult. But, go Joe!
                              John unk:

Comment

• Russ L
                                • Jul 2006

Not GNRs Chinese Democracy

Guns n' Roses have forced YouTube to take all the songs from their new album "Chinese Democracy" that were posted off the site. Problem is that many people, myself included, buy albums AFTER they have heard- in a reasonably high bit rate- whole songs from new albums. There is so much junk out there is too risky to buy albums unheard. Now if the album was bad I can see them objecting to the songs being posted but IMO this album is worth the money. How many sales are they losing and how many are they gaining?
                                Russ

Comment

• 1oldguy
                                  • Dec 2008

Hi All......Here's a video of an original song I did a little ways back.
                                  A Man should never Gamble more than he can stand to loose.

Comment

• 1oldguy
                                    • Dec 2008

Hi All......Here's a video of an original song I did a little ways back.

A Man should never Gamble more than he can stand to loose.

Comment

• Johnloudb
                                      Super Senior Member
                                      • May 2007

:T Sounds great!
                                      John unk:

Comment

• bigburner
                                        Super Senior Member
                                        • May 2005

I've been wanging on about Jeff Beck recently. I reviewed his show in the DVD section of this forum and his forthcoming DVD is at the top of my wish list, blah blah...

Here's a taste of why I like him and his excellent band:

Jeff Beck is, of course, a guitar god.Tal Wilkenfeld is also in a class entirely by herself, and she's only (I think) 21. I'm speechless. I'll stop typing no...

Nigel.

Comment

• Johnloudb
                                          Super Senior Member
                                          • May 2007

Wow, that is an awesome clip! I'm also a Jeff Beck fan, and own his Blow by Blow album. This just convinced me to check out more of his stuff, which I should have already. Any recommendations? His sidekick, chick guitarist was incredible, too. Thanks for posting that!
                                          John unk:

Comment

• bigburner
                                            Super Senior Member
                                            • May 2005

Originally posted by Johnloudb
                                            Wow, that is an awesome clip! I'm also a Jeff Beck fan, and own his Blow by Blow album. This just convinced me to check out more of his stuff, which I should have already. Any recommendations? His sidekick, chick guitarist was incredible, too. Thanks for posting that!
                                            Hi John,

Even though Jeff Beck is 64 years old, and was ranked 14th on Rolling Stone Magazine's list of the 100 Greatest Guitarists of All Time, there is hardly any video of him out there.

The clip that I posted above is from Eric Clapton's "Crossroads Guitar Festival 2007" which is a fabulous double DVD. What you see on the YouTube clip is the sum total of Beck's contribution on the DVD.

If you go to the DVD section of this forum you will find my review of a 1-hour program that played on British TV a couple of months ago - "Live at Ronnie Scott's". It's great. If you PM me I'll tell you where you can get that.

On 17 February 2009 a full DVD of "Live at Ronnie Scott's" will be released. It will contain additional material to that broadcast on TV.

I have 2 Jeff Beck songs on DVD when he guested at a BB King concert.

I have about 10 minutes of Jeff Beck on DVD when he appeared at the A.R.M.S. concert in 1983.

That's it as far as I am aware - a pathetically small amount of video. That's why the forthcoming DVD is a 'must buy' for me.

Nigel.

Comment

• Russ L
                                              • Jul 2006

I've been wanging on about Jeff Beck recently. I reviewed his show in the DVD section of this forum and his forthcoming DVD is at the top of my wish list, blah blah...

Here's a taste of why I like him and his excellent band:

Jeff Beck is, of course, a guitar god.Tal Wilkenfeld is also in a class entirely by herself, and she's only (I think) 21. I'm speechless. I'll stop typing no...

Nigel.
                                              ;x( ;x( :sn JEFF BECK :sn ;x( ;x(

Last edited by Russ L; 22 December 2008, 02:07 Monday. Reason: Add Pic
                                              Russ

Comment

• littlesaint
                                                • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Russ L
                                                Guns n' Roses have forced YouTube to take all the songs from their new album "Chinese Democracy" that were posted off the site. Problem is that many people, myself included, buy albums AFTER they have heard- in a reasonably high bit rate- whole songs from new albums. There is so much junk out there is too risky to buy albums unheard. Now if the album was bad I can see them objecting to the songs being posted but IMO this album is worth the money. How many sales are they losing and how many are they gaining?
                                                I think many bands who know they are going to sell a lot of albums don't mind some song sharing for the very reasons you give. I think record companies have even started to figure "sharing" into their models. The problem with YouTube is the content on their site is how they make money, and I think labels and media outlets have a problem with YouTube making money without licensing the material.
                                                Santino

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Comment

• Johnloudb
                                                  Super Senior Member
                                                  • May 2007

Hi John,

Even though Jeff Beck is 64 years old, and was ranked 14th on Rolling Stone Magazine's list of the 100 Greatest Guitarists of All Time, there is hardly any video of him out there.

The clip that I posted above is from Eric Clapton's "Crossroads Guitar Festival 2007" which is a fabulous double DVD. What you see on the YouTube clip is the sum total of Beck's contribution on the DVD.

If you go to the DVD section of this forum you will find my review of a 1-hour program that played on British TV a couple of months ago - "Live at Ronnie Scott's". It's great. If you PM me I'll tell you where you can get that.

On 17 February 2009 a full DVD of "Live at Ronnie Scott's" will be released. It will contain additional material to that broadcast on TV.

I have 2 Jeff Beck songs on DVD when he guested at a BB King concert.

I have about 10 minutes of Jeff Beck on DVD when he appeared at the A.R.M.S. concert in 1983.

That's it as far as I am aware - a pathetically small amount of video. That's why the forthcoming DVD is a 'must buy' for me.

Nigel.
                                                  Thanks Nigel,

I'll be sure to get that DVD of "Live at Ronnie Scott's" when it's released. And Eric Clapton's "Crossroads Guitar Festival 2007" also.
                                                  John unk:

Comment

• ShadowZA
                                                    Super Senior Member
                                                    • Jan 2006

Mark Beling - The Moment

A local (South African) artist who is the lead vocalist for another local band called Mean Mr Mustard (who did quite an awesome cover of '‘Build Me Up Buttercup" in 2002).

Here's the "Buttercup" clip:

Mean Mr Mustards animated video Buttercup, from the Album Secret Places (Sting Music).

Comment

• bigburner
                                                      Super Senior Member
                                                      • May 2005

ShadowZA, you ought to like this one. It's off the "Eva Cassidy Sings" DVD. It's a handheld film taken by a friend of Eva's while the "Live at Blues Alley" CD was being recorded in 1996.

"Autumn Leaves" is a song about loss. Five months ago I lost my oldest and dearest friend to cancer. We'd been friends for 44 years. I watched the DVD a lot around the time that he died.

Eva Cassidy died of cancer 10 months after this recording was made, aged 33.

Nigel.

Comment

• bigburner
                                                        Super Senior Member
                                                        • May 2005

Have a look at this - one of my favourite guitarists Freddie King playing "Boogie Funk" on his red Gibson 345 guitar on the Old Grey Whistle Test in the BBC studios in London in 1973 in front of 3 technicians in white coats at 10 o'clock in the morning. How can he be so hot? The keyboard player is a treat too.

Nigel.

Comment

• ShadowZA
                                                          Super Senior Member
                                                          • Jan 2006

ShadowZA, you ought to like this one. It's off the "Eva Cassidy Sings" DVD. It's a handheld film taken by a friend of Eva's while the "Live at Blues Alley" CD was being recorded in 1996.

"Autumn Leaves" is a song about loss. Five months ago I lost my oldest and dearest friend to cancer. We'd been friends for 44 years. I watched the DVD a lot around the time that he died.

Eva Cassidy died of cancer 10 months after this recording was made, aged 33.

Nigel.
                                                          This is a song that one needs to really listen to. It's absolutely superb. Eva's beautiful "Autumn leaves" gives gentle acknowledgement to the pain that comes most often without warning and is present in the circle of life. Thank you for sharing, Nigel.

Sending you a ton of strength from across the Atlantic pond. Loss is something one can never be adequately prepared for. One simply has to try to become used to it. I know great loss too. I suppose that this is the reason that I treasure good memories more than anything. More than music actually. Whew! I've just realized the significance of what I've just said.

May your investment portfolio be filled with many valued and treasured memories.

I love this piece. Thanks again for sharing. Muchly appreciated, Nigel! :T

Comment

• Johnloudb
                                                            Super Senior Member
                                                            • May 2007

Nigel. I'm real sorry about the loss of your friend. I second Shadow's sentiments.

Eva Cassidy was such a talent ... I've got her Songbird album.

Freddie King :T , 'bout all I knew about the blues was in the movie "The Blues Brothers." :B
                                                            John unk:

Comment

• bigburner
                                                              Super Senior Member
                                                              • May 2005

Originally posted by ShadowZA
                                                              This is a song that one needs to really listen to. It's absolutely superb. Eva's beautiful "Autumn leaves" gives gentle acknowledgement to the pain that comes most often without warning and is present in the circle of life. Thank you for sharing, Nigel.

Sending you a ton of strength from across the Atlantic pond. Loss is something one can never be adequately prepared for. One simply has to try to become used to it. I know great loss too. I suppose that this is the reason that I treasure good memories more than anything. More than music actually. Whew! I've just realized the significance of what I've just said.

May your investment portfolio be filled with many valued and treasured memories.

I love this piece. Thanks again for sharing. Muchly appreciated, Nigel! :T
                                                              Your kind words are much appreciated ShadowZA, and yours too Johnloudb. Thank you.

One small point, and I don't want to split hairs, but you and I are separated by the Indian Ocean, not the Atlantic, if indeed you posted from South Africa.

For those of you who don't know where New Zealand is, we're at the very bottom right hand corner of the attached map.

Nigel.
                                                              Attached Files

Comment

• ShadowZA
                                                                Super Senior Member
                                                                • Jan 2006

... you and I are separated by the Indian Ocean, not the Atlantic, if indeed you posted from South Africa.
                                                                Nigel.
                                                                Heheh, my mistake Nigel ... trying to reach NZ from ZA by flying across the Atlantic would be ... well ... a loooong haul.

Comment

• Johnloudb
                                                                  Super Senior Member
                                                                  • May 2007

Here's a Goldfrapp video of the their song Twist. It's just sexy fun! :yeah:

Twist
                                                                  John unk:

Comment

• Russ L
                                                                    Senior Member
                                                                    • Jul 2006

Not really a music video. I had this link for the "Gramophone" sketch from the comedy group "Not The Nine O'Clock News" posted in my signature a while back. Just in case you missed it... How NOT to run a Hi-Fi Shop :takecover:
                                                                    Last edited by Russ L; 05 January 2009, 07:04 Monday.
                                                                    Russ

Comment

Working...
                                                                    Searching...Please wait.
                                                                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                                    Search Result for "|||"