X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • amdan
    • Sep 2006

B&W 802 speaker design criteria

It occurs to me that it would be very handy to know what sort of room placement my B&W 802N speakers were designed for. Then I would have a better idea on how to setup them up in my room. For instance, what was the distance between the speakers when they tested it? What was the distance between speakers and listener? How high above the floor was the listener or measuring equipment placed at? I know that these exact measurements may not be right for my room but at least I would have a good starting point. Does anybody have any ideas?
    Does B&W produce a placement guide? I can't find one on the net. Please don't point me to the many general guides on the net. I am looking for one by B&W for B&W speakers.
  • Pio
    • Nov 2005

Originally posted by amdan
    It occurs to me that it would be very handy to know what sort of room placement my B&W 802N speakers were designed for. Then I would have a better idea on how to setup them up in my room. For instance, what was the distance between the speakers when they tested it? What was the distance between speakers and listener? How high above the floor was the listener or measuring equipment placed at? I know that these exact measurements may not be right for my room but at least I would have a good starting point. Does anybody have any ideas?
    Does B&W produce a placement guide? I can't find one on the net. Please don't point me to the many general guides on the net. I am looking for one by B&W for B&W speakers.
    B&W provides a very basic guide in the manual they provide but its not specific.

The Cardas guidelines have worked for me - check it out here -
    The Cardas Speaker Placement Guide. Setting up speakers in a golden ratio, golden cuboid, golden trapagon room, etc.. Speaker placement calculators.

Room acoustics and size play a major role in placement - since treating my room with bass traps I've been able to play around with positioning as well.

Good luck!
    Stereo: Revel F208, Parasound JC2, JC1's, Oppo HA-1, VPI, Dynavector, Moon

HT: B&W 802D2, 805S, HTM4, Marantz, OPPO BDP95, Velodyne DD-12's

HP / secondary system: Woo Audio W2, Carver Sunfire, Kef LS50, Denon, and too many headphones to list

Comment

• amdan
      • Sep 2006

Thanks.

Comment

• wettou
        Ultra Senior Member
        • May 2006

Originally posted by amdan
        You should Send them an email and please let us know :T
        Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"