X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tony1
    • Sep 2007

804Di or 805di for rear speakers?

I currently have 805s's for front and rear speakers. I do have an HTM2D center that I bought knowing one day I will upgrade to D's. I'm going to upgrade the front speakers to 804di but debating on upgrading the rears to 804di or 805di. Was figuring for a little more $$ can have full range speakers for rear but not sure if it will make a difference. I do listen to SACD's in multichannel and obviously watch movies. Just curious to get some opinions on this.

Thanks,

Tony
    Attached Files
  • htsteve
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2004

Tony,

I'm a believer if full range rears. I have 802D's and HTM2D upfront, with 804S's as rears. It's an excellent system.

As you are moving to full range diamonds in front, having full range diamonds as rears would be ideal. System synergy will be excellent.

With multi-channel music and the HD audio formats on Blu-ray, the full range rears really bring out the full perfromance.

If the finances allow, I would recommend it.

Hope this helps.

Comment

• style
      Super Senior Member
      • Feb 2006

hallo Tony1,

I have a Htm2D with the new 803DI as front.
      rear 803D or 805S -> I have the 2 speakers but to see a moviee in a nort dedicate room the 803D are "to much."

is you have a htm2d I will go wit the 804Di without any doubt.I have listen the 804di and the 805di too.
      2 great speakers: use the 805s as rea and in front htm2D and 804Di :T

my new speaker, the 803Di , give my a lot of safisfaction. the new line sound amazing, you dont can make a compare with te 804S....

I have buy the 803DI in place from a 802D old serie without any regret.
      (and the 803Di was more expensive!)

Style

Comment

• wettou
        Ultra Senior Member
        • May 2006

Originally posted by htsteve
        Tony,I'm a believer if full range rears. I have 802D's and HTM2D upfront, with 804S's as rears. It's an excellent system. As you are moving to full range diamonds in front, having full range diamonds as rears would be ideal. System synergy will be excellent.
        YES, but for movies the surround sound is cut off at 100HZ so it is a waist of $$$$

Originally posted by htsteve
        With multi-channel music and the HD audio formats on Blu-ray, the full range rears really bring out the full performance.
        Now here I agree 100% so if you are like music aficionados then all full range are good. You will just need a lot of power to drive them.

Even better use 805Di speakers, crossover at 80HZ and pass the bass onto 4 dedicated subs :B
        Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• dknightd
          • Mar 2006

If you can swing it I'd go matching all around. I expect we'll see more and more full range multichannel source material. Of course I could be wrong. And if you do not listen to it, then it really does not matter. 90+% of what I listen to is only available in two channel. YMMV
          If you can get a better deal by upgrading all around I think I would consider that - since your rears are on stands, so you have floor space, perhaps it is good to do all at once

Comment

• Tony1
            • Sep 2007

One thing that I'm not sure about is if the 804di will have too much bass being so close to the sofa. I do have acoustic treatments from ceiling to floor on the back wall but still wonder if it would be an issue. Any thoughts?

Comment

• garak
              • Jul 2007

Too much bass won't be an issue if you have 804Di as surrounds. I have 804S as surrounds, and it has not been an issue.

Comment

• style
                Super Senior Member
                • Feb 2006

Hy,

i agree with garak.
                I use a 803D as surround and is great! no bass-"problems".

like wrote fgo with the 804Di as front and the 805Di as rear. with the htm2d in the center you will be very happy.

personaly if I have the possibilty the sell my 803D and the 805S and have a 804Di as rear, wow, :T the new DI sound match very good .

Style

Comment

• htsteve
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Sep 2004

Originally posted by garak
                  Too much bass won't be an issue if you have 804Di as surrounds. I have 804S as surrounds, and it has not been an issue.

I have the same opinion. I also have my 804S's near my couch. No problems with this setup.

hope this helps.

Comment

• emig5m
                    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Tony1
                    I currently have 805s's for front and rear speakers. I do have an HTM2D center that I bought knowing one day I will upgrade to D's. I'm going to upgrade the front speakers to 804di but debating on upgrading the rears to 804di or 805di. Was figuring for a little more $$ can have full range speakers for rear but not sure if it will make a difference. I do listen to SACD's in multichannel and obviously watch movies. Just curious to get some opinions on this.

Thanks,

Tony
                    Selling the 805S? I'm interested in a pair because I have 804S/HTM3S in the front but still using 685's in the rear and would like matching speakers.

Comment

• wettou
                      Ultra Senior Member
                      • May 2006

I am thinking 805Di for all of the speakers and four subs :T Taht way no bass problems :B
                      Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"