X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jyj
    • Dec 2008

CM1 or CM5 Mounting Advice

I live in a loft and would like to ceiling mount a pair of CM1s or CM5s for surround backs in my 5.1 setup. I haven't purchased either one yet, until I can determine if this is a viable solution.
    If so, can anyone recommend a resource that would have a mounting kit or perhaps have experience in doing this?

Thanks.

Jerry
  • Dmantis
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jun 2004

I strongly suggest you should consider in walls for surround back.

Comment

• jyj
      • Dec 2008

Unfortunately, that is not an option. There are windows and brick walls in a very open area. The ceiling is concrete as well, so in ceiling is not an option either.

Comment

• Audio_ElF
        • Oct 2007

Bit of a herassey to say ... but how about PMC Wafer's mounted either on-wall or on the ceiling. Or a pair of old SCMS speakers. Or even a pair of B&W FPM speakers.

Or if you're handy with DIY, could you make a frame to mount B&W custom / in-wall speakers onwall.

Or if you are keen to go with the CM1 or CM5 option - how about 4 90deg brackets to hold each speaker - though this will likely mark the cabinets with screw holes, etc.

Comment

• jyj
          • Dec 2008

Actually, I'm pretty open to any suggestions, so it doesn't necessarily have to be CM5/CM1s. Those are good points, thanks for the options.

I have a pair of 802Ds that I use for the fronts, so perhaps I should ask what would be the best speaker choice, given the limitations that I have for placing surround backs?

Comment

• htsteve
            Super Senior Member
            • Sep 2004

jyj,

Getting rear speakers in the same category, or very similar, is ideal. So N805's or 805's would be the choice in bookshelf size. The 805Di's would be awesome, but much more expensive than the CM's.

Are you open to tower speakers for the rears? If yes, that would pretty much solve the install issue. With high performance main speakers like 802D's, I like tower speakers to compliment them. With the HD audio formats in Blu Ray, full range rears are definitely used. Especially on the more modern sound tracks.

Hope this helps.

Comment

• jyj
              • Dec 2008

Thanks htsteve for the recommendations. I will look into the N805s or perhaps the 805Dis.

Living in a loft, we don't have a separate home theatre room, so we're making compromises on how we can keep the aesthetics of the room ideal. I'll keep everyone posted on the final solution.

Thanks very much.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍
              👎
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"