X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • windmiller
    • Sep 2007

Rears for 703/HTM2 system

I am looking for some rears to go with my 703 fronts and HTM2 center. I know the obvious choice for rears is 705's but I am wondering if there would be other B&W rears that might match the 703's as well or better. I am certainly going to be buying used and want the rears in walnut to match the fronts.
    I wanted to see if anyone knew of other B&W lines with rears that might be a good match.

Use: 65% Music 45% Movies
    Area: 17 x 19 with 30 ft to 9ft sloping ceiling.
    Components: Rotel 1057 and Outlaw Audio 7500 Amp.

Some ideas for matching rears....
    B&W CM5 or CM1
    B&W 805S
  • hifiguymi
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2007

If you want walnut then the only choice is a 700 Series speaker. B&W doesn't do walnut on any other speaker line. Outside of the color the 705 (and the 704) is going to be the best match with the 703.

Eric

Comment

• windmiller
      • Sep 2007

Originally posted by hifiguymi
      If you want walnut then the only choice is a 700 Series speaker. B&W doesn't do walnut on any other speaker line. Outside of the color the 705 (and the 704) is going to be the best match with the 703.

Eric
      B&W offers walnut in many other lines both recent and vintage. Both ideas I posted are offered in walnut. But regardless I am wondering more about matching timbre. Maybe I will be able to find a pair of 705's for a decent price in the coming months year. I was kind of hoping to find a older line that might go well with the 703/HTM2 combo since some of the older lines can be acquired for a good price. 705's are around 1500.00 a pair.

Comment

• hifiguymi
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2007

The CM Series is available in wenge and rosenut but not walnut. Wenge is dark like walnut but it's not the same hue. The darkest wood the 800 Series is available in is rosenut and that is nothing like walnut.

I do know that some older models are available in walnut but it might be hard to find one that would match the 703 as well as the 705 will.

The 700 Series are going to be discontinued in the not to distant future so you may be able to find a deal somewhere. Walnut and maple are the two slowest selling finishes in the 700 Series for us. If that is the case elsewhere, you might have to be diligent in your search.

Eric

Comment

• robert L
          • Jul 2008

if your interested in inwall b&w's ccm80's rock i have them with my 703's and LUV IT!

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"