X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • holymoly
    • Jun 2010

Valuing B&W speakers

Hello. I am interested in figuring out the current value of certain B&W speakers that were bought and installed in 2003 as part of a home theater system: a pair of B&W 800D2GB speakers (MSRP $12,000 per speaker, or $24,000 for the pair) and a B&W HTM1 Center speaker (MSRP $5000).

I am new to this world. I am also wondering (1) how long speakers installed in 2003 and kept in condition would be expected to perform well, and (2) in general how well speakers hold their value over time. Thanks much.
  • holymoly
    • Jun 2010

I should clarify that I don't really need a specific valuation (although that would help). I mostly need to know if 40% of MSRP for these 2003 speakers would be a fair or excessive price. Thanks

Comment

• Skyblue
      • Jun 2009

Originally posted by holymoly
      I should clarify that I don't really need a specific valuation (although that would help). I mostly need to know if 40% of MSRP for these 2003 speakers would be a fair or excessive price. Thanks
      I would say between fair and cheap. But take a look at the second hand hifi websites in your area. In the us, try audiogon.com perhaps?

I can't see any 800N, but the 802N sells for $4600-$5000 used, at an msrp of $12000, so around 40% msrp does seem like the market price.
      B&W 800 Diamond, B&W805S, B&W DB1, Classe SSP 800, DIY Icepower ASX2 600W monos, Ayre QB9, JPlay.

Comment

• Skyblue
        • Jun 2009

Oh, sorry. You have 800D's. I thought they were 800N's. Well, for the D's that is quite cheap.. See for instance.. http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls....-excellent-con

The D series, have an asking price of between 65% and 75% of msrp. So 40% is really cheap. If you're selling in europe, I might buy them of you
        B&W 800 Diamond, B&W805S, B&W DB1, Classe SSP 800, DIY Icepower ASX2 600W monos, Ayre QB9, JPlay.

Comment

• dknightd
          • Mar 2006

about 1/2

Comment

• BlueSander
            • Apr 2008

The HTM1 was $5000 retail? Are you sure? I'm assuming by 2003, you meant the Nautilus HTM1 which is going for around 1400 nowaday. N800 is going for 8-10k/pair. Nautilus 802, can have for around 4500 a pair.

Comment

• BlueSander
              • Apr 2008

oops, 800D would be like 12k

Comment

• BassThatHz
                • Jul 2006

If he was talking the 800D, then he probably meant the HTM1D too...

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"