X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

Halo C2 and A51 "Top Choice Award" Winner 2003 - Year's Finest Product

DVD Etc has named the Parasound Halo C2 processor and A51 amplifer winners of their "Top Choice Award" as one of 2003's finest products. They scored a 98 out of a 100 rating. This appears in the Jan/Feb 2004 issue on page 38, and the scoring is based on their May 2003 review of the C2 and A51.
    Click here for Parasound's website with multiple Halo equipment reviews
    Click here for DVD Etc's website, including an online magazine of the May 2003 issue with the actual review

. Just to show what kind of class this sits in compared to other fine products of somewhat similar pricing, other recipients:

Krell Showcase Amplifier and Processor, 95/100
    Integra Research RDC-7 Processor, 96/100
    Sunfire Ultimate Receiver, 96/100
    Anthem AVM-20 Version 2.0 Processor, 95/100
    Krell HTS 7.1 Processor, 96/100 ($8,000 piece of equipment)

In fact, of 73 various electronic components receiving a 95 score or higher, only 6 items received a score of 99, outscoring the Halo equipment. These 6 are all cables and such; none of them are a receiver, processor, or amplifier. So I guess the Halo units are the highest rated receiver/processors and amplifiers by DVD Etc for the year! Of course, this is completely subjective, and who could really say what the difference is between something rated a 97 or a 98? But in any case, I think this is quite a tribute to Halo equipment.

CHRIS
    Luke: "Hey, I'm not such a bad pilot myself, you know"
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville
  • nicholtl
    • Aug 2003

Even though we don't need any reviews to validate the purchases we've made, it never hurts to read about how your product simply trounces everything else! HAHAHA!

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"