X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Palforever
    • Feb 2010

Will this do justice?

Just wondering if the Rotel RB1572 and the RMB1575 will do justice for the power hungry B&W 803S?Will the rotel be more than enough to drive this speakers?Or is there any other options besides other high end gears like krell,Mc,bryston etc.etc,etc....Thanks
  • kmcheng
    • Jan 2008

It obviously depends on how much you are willing to spend. A somewhat inexpensive experiment is the Emotiva amps. If you do not like them, pay the shipping and return them.

Comment

• htsteve
      Super Senior Member
      • Sep 2004

Palforever,

The 1572 is a very nice amp. I would expect it to drive the 803S well. If you want a bit more, the RB-1092 will offer more current, and improved performance.

If you want to consider used, along with a decent budget, a used McIntosh MC-252 (or MC-352) will be quite awesome. I had one driving 802D's quite well, so I know it will drive the 803S very, very well. It will also allow you to upgrade speakers in the future without needing to upgrade the amp. These can be had for about $3k used on audiogon.

Hope this helps.

Comment

• Palforever
        • Feb 2010

Originally posted by kmcheng
        It obviously depends on how much you are willing to spend. A somewhat inexpensive experiment is the Emotiva amps. If you do not like them, pay the shipping and return them.
        kmcheng

I would`nt like to do that,buy then shipped it back for the obvious reason.Anyway,i went and see my rotel dealer and he advice me to wait for the Rotel flagship RB1590 400wpc and i think i can still wait for the new Rotel.

Comment

• htsteve
          Super Senior Member
          • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Palforever
          kmcheng

I would`nt like to do that,buy then shipped it back for the obvious reason.Anyway,i went and see my rotel dealer and he advice me to wait for the Rotel flagship RB1590 400wpc and i think i can still wait for the new Rotel.
          Palforever,

Interesting. The RB1590 sounds like the replacement for the RB1090 (which has been discontinued for a while). That was a Class A/B amp offering 375 watts and a lot of current. It was a dual mono design (each channel had it's own large power supply). The 1090 was a beast. It was priced at $2,000.

Hopefully the new 1590 will carry on that performance tradition.

Keep us posted.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"