X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bullitt731
    • Aug 2005

Center and Rears For Signature 805s

I just bought a set of the Signature 805s in the Red Birdseye Maple. I am not sure which center or rear surround speaker was designed to match this particular speaker the best. Was it the older HTM1, the older HTM2, or the new HTM4 for the front. I have seen several different models used as rear surrounds as well.

Thanks, Ed
  • Aussie Geoff
    Super Senior Member
    • Oct 2003

Hi,

The Signature 805s never had a really good match for Centre or surrounds as they had upgraded tweeters and magnets on the mid bass which made them noticably better than thr older HTM2... However the good news is the hew HTM4S has an even better tweeter and the same upgrade magnet on the mid bass. Equally the surprisingly good SCMS is a great match as a surround..

Geoff

Comment

• texasbwfan
      • Sep 2005

I too have the B&W 805s for my front speakers and was told to DEFINITELY go with the htm4s for my center. I'll either buy another set of the 805's or a pair of the SCMS wall mounted speakers for rears. For now, I have the 2 805's for fronts and an ASW675 for my sub. My system is driven by a Pioneer Elite VSX-56txi One step at a time...my center channel will be next! After that, the rear speakers and an amp.
      texasbwfan

Comment

• scottielee
        • Apr 2005

b&w did produce signature versions of HTM and SCM: http://www.bwspeakers.com/index.cfm/...20discontinued

Comment

• bullitt731
          • Aug 2005

Well just as I suspected they did not make the HTM1 in the Red Birdseye Maple. There is one in the Tiger Eye color on Audiogon now. Guess I will look at Geoff's advice and maybe email B&W directly and see what they say.

Ed

Comment

• bullitt731
            • Aug 2005

Now I am really confused. I have been reading older threads on this subject and found where a member actually sent B & W an email asking them which center channel best matched the Signature 805s. Their reply was the HTM2 and not the HTM4s. I guess I will need to audition both on an A B basis to determine if there is a big difference. Since you can by a used mint HTM2 for $700 any day of the week, spending $1,300 for a HTM4s seems silly.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"