Nautilus 803 now, moving to N 802 or 803D?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BlueSander
    • Apr 2008

Nautilus 803 now, moving to N 802 or 803D?

Hi guys,
    Have the Nautilus 803 running now. I love the sound. Since the price is going down a lot lately. I'm very tempting on getting a set of Nautilus 802 (as I have fallen in love with these for years), however, 803D is in that price range also. Which one is a better choice?
    Thanks
  • AV-OCD
    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by BlueSander
    Hi guys,
    Have the Nautilus 803 running now. I love the sound. Since the price is going down a lot lately. I'm very tempting on getting a set of Nautilus 802 (as I have fallen in love with these for years), however, 803D is in that price range also. Which one is a better choice?
    Thanks
    Personally, I would go for the 802N over the 803D. I like the voicing / tonal balance of the 802N better and I think that the Marlin head also contributes to a better sounding midrange.

Comment

• sikoniko
      Super Senior Member
      • Aug 2003

Originally posted by AV-OCD
      Personally, I would go for the 802N over the 803D. I like the voicing / tonal balance of the 802N better and I think that the Marlin head also contributes to a better sounding midrange.
      I agree with what Tim said. And if you live in N Florida, I'll give you a great price on mine for local pickup. heh.
      I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...

Comment

• gerardhn
        • Jun 2005

Hmmm, sorry... I disagree. 803 D is to my opinion better!
        But apart from being better more or less.... a bit
        do you want the simple 803D - box style or the more exclusive 802 style???
        This thing should fit in your styling, feeling, womans happiness more than better/worse sound.
        803d = traditional, classic taste, smaller space
        802 = more modern, crazy, being there, bigger space!

THX!
        Gerard.

Comment

• wettou
          Ultra Senior Member
          • May 2006

Originally posted by BlueSander
          Hi guys, Have the Nautilus 803 running now. I love the sound. Since the price is going down a lot lately. I'm very tempting on getting a set of Nautilus 802 (as I have fallen in love with these for years), however, 803D is in that price range also. Which one is a better choice?
          Thanks
          802N hands down speaking of experience I have a pair to sell Make me an offer
          Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• BlueSander
            • Apr 2008

I'm leaning toward the 802 also. I love the look of the speaker and its performance is a huge step up from my 803. but I also want to hear opinions from people who have gonna through and hence I'm here now lol.

I'm in West Hartford, CT. If any of you are within 5-6 hrs driving. I definitely will consider. Please shoot me a PM on pricing.
            Thanks

Comment

• ssabripo
              • Dec 2005

not even close.... N802 by a mile!
              My simple HT setup
              4π using LMS, anyone?

Comment

Working...
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍
              👎
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"