X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stringzz
    • Apr 2005

ATI Amps with B&W Nautilus 803.

Hello all,

I am running an ATI 1505 (5x150watts) with my B&W 803's. I am picking up a Bryston SP 1.7 pre/pro today. Is my ATI adequate enough or should I go with a 2 channel amp in addition to the ATI? Is amplifier current more important than watts? Any recommendations?

Also, my ATI does not have balanced inputs, would it make a big difference to use balanced inputs?
  • Phil Rose
    • Aug 2000

The AT-1505 will drive the N803s without a problem however, you won't get the ultimate in performance. You might want to plan to upgrade to a matching Bryston 4BSST on the N803s sometime in the future.

I was using my AT-1505 on my N802s before I upgraded and it pushed them just fine. The 1505 now performs surround and center channel duties and is still a very good amp but a tad harsh on the top end for music only.

Comment

• stringzz
      • Apr 2005

Phil,

That sounds like a good plan! Thanks.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"