X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ray5
    • Dec 2008

SCMS and 705

Hi Guys! I am in the final stages of my purchase. Went auditioning today and here is what I had/have in mind:
    804S fronts
    HTM 3S ctr
    705 rears

Then I saw the SCMS, it sounded good and looked great! Went well with my planned fronts. Does anyone have any experience with them? How do they compare with 705's. I will be driving them with Rotel 1570 and Rotel amps.
    Any insight?
  • Alfonso
    • Aug 2007

Get the SCMS, it´s a very good speaker.

Comment

• sikoniko
      Super Senior Member
      • Aug 2003

I have 2 pairs. I really like them for surrounds and rears!
      I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...

Comment

• ray5
        • Dec 2008

Thanks. Anyone had a chance to compare them to the 705's?

Comment

• scanido
          • Apr 2006

The SCMS vote here. It is better to match each channel from the same series. I have used the SCMS for mains for half a year and if i hadn't heard the 804/803S I would have been 100% content with them for 2CH. Of course they need a sub, but the imaging and detail they produce is surprising. Give them plenty of power and you will be amazed!! :E

Hi, One of the most popular threads in Club Rotel is an area where members can post pictures of their Rotel equipment... I thought - why not :banana: join the party in our own club! So let’s use this thread to post pictures of any aspect of your B&W setups that you've all invested so much energy in! Some examples might

Comment

• ray5
            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by scanido
            The SCMS vote here. It is better to match each channel from the same series. I have used the SCMS for mains for half a year and if i hadn't heard the 804/803S I would have been 100% content with them for 2CH. Of course they need a sub, but the imaging and detail they produce is surprising. Give them plenty of power and you will be amazed!! :E

http://www.htguide.com/forum/showpos...postcount=1847
            Have you stand mounted them? I thought they are wall mount only?

Comment

• scanido
              • Apr 2006

Originally posted by ray5
              Have you stand mounted them? I thought they are wall mount only?
              Yes, only temporarily and they worked wonderfully. I just needed to be careful as they were more susceptible to falling due to their inherent short depths. I have them wall mounted now and they work great and are versatile! :T

Comment

• ray5
                • Dec 2008

Thanks.

Comment

• sskim
                  • Sep 2007

How do these compare to SCM-1s? Is it safe to assume that the difference between these two are equivalent to the difference between 805N's and 805S's?

Comment

• Blindamood
                    • Sep 2003

Originally posted by sskim
                    How do these compare to SCM-1s? Is it safe to assume that the difference between these two are equivalent to the difference between 805N's and 805S's?
                    Somewhat. However, there are physical differences as well. A flexible mounting bracket, integration of the tweeter into the cabinet, and positioning of the tweeter at the bottom of the speaker, to be closer to ear level.

Let me add my vote for SCMS (or SCM1) as well. I've had mine for a while now, and they've been great. (Search within this forum for other reviews of these speakers.)
                    Brad

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"