X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • atchudy
    • Nov 2007

803 vs 804 vs 804s vs 703

So I bought Used Nautilus 803 a while back. I intended to have the budget to buy at least a RB-1080, but I dont think that is what i will be able to do. I also do not like Black Ash.

I have them for sale right now to see if anyone has interest, so I am considering some options, and I look forward to some feedback.

Right now I have an circa 2001 Sony 777ES receiver, a old Yamaha Turntable, and a Music Library stored on a HDD connected to XBOX.

I could:

1) Keep speakers get Emotiva Amp for $700? or maybe Something else?
    2) Downgrade speakers to either of the above mentioned, and spend the excess on something like a CAP-151 or a Amp.

Things to note are that I only listen to stereo, never want a subwoofer, and the speakers must be touching the wall.
  • wettou
    Ultra Senior Member
    • May 2006

Originally posted by atchudy
    get Emotiva Amp
    XPA-1 :T Specs are amaizing and you get 30 days money back guarantee
    Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• dknightd
      • Mar 2006

Originally posted by atchudy
      So I bought Used Nautilus 803 a while back. I intended to have the budget to buy at least a RB-1080, but I dont think that is what i will be able to do. I also do not like Black Ash.

I have them for sale right now to see if anyone has interest, so I am considering some options, and I look forward to some feedback.

Right now I have an circa 2001 Sony 777ES receiver, a old Yamaha Turntable, and a Music Library stored on a HDD connected to XBOX.

I could:

1) Keep speakers get Emotiva Amp for $700? or maybe Something else?
      2) Downgrade speakers to either of the above mentioned, and spend the excess on something like a CAP-151 or a Amp.

Things to note are that I only listen to stereo, never want a subwoofer, and the speakers must be touching the wall.
      Too bad your speakers have to be touching a wall.

your option 1 sounds reasonable. Or maybe a used rotel 1080 or similar (I use an Adcom 5500, just because I could get it for good price locally used). I haven't checked the used market recently but you should be able to get either for less than $700. I don't know if the Emotiva is better or worse - probably very similar in basic function (plenty of good clean current).
      I wouldn't downgrade unless you needed to raise money. Or if you don't like black ash, and can sell and at least nearly break even.

I'll trade you my pretty rosewood 703 for your ugly old n803 if you pay shipping and throw in a couple hundred $

Comment

• dknightd
        • Mar 2006

For $700 I don't think he was getting two XPA-1. But since he didn't specify, who knows . ..

Comment

• BassThatHz
          • Jul 2006

I'm looking to purchase another two Black N803's for my dual function music/HT system.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

I was using a Yamaha RX-V2500 and then a Rotel RMB-1075, but it wasn't enough power.

I upgraded to the RB-1091 and a RSP-1068; it now sounds as good as the Classe gear I heard at the local hi-fi shop.

The N803's consume a lot of quality power to sound good.

I'm currently running two subwoofers Velodyne HGS-10 and SDX-15, and will buy another SDX-15 for a matching stereo pair. It really does sound better with them on.

Do you have pictures?

Comment

• atchudy
            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by BassThatHz
            I'm looking to purchase another two Black N803's for my dual function music/HT system.

I was using a Yamaha RX-V2500 and then a Rotel RMB-1075, but it wasn't enough power.

I upgraded to the RB-1091 and a RSP-1068; it now sounds as good as the Classe gear I heard at the local hi-fi shop.

The N803's consume a lot of quality power to sound good.

I'm currently running two subwoofers Velodyne HGS-10 and SDX-15, and will buy another SDX-15 for a matching stereo pair. It really does sound better with them on.

Do you have pictures?
            I have two general pictures in the FS forum.

How much do two RB-1091 run? Are they any different than 1092?

Comment

• BassThatHz
              • Jul 2006

Two RB-1091 would be $3000 USD, one RB-1092 is $2500.

I saw a review somewhere that measured them, they said both output their rated power...

Supposedly the difference with the 91 is that you can plug each into a circuit breaker so they don't step on each other's feet and it allows you to shorten the distance between amp and speaker; it is also great for a center channel.

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"