X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jclyle
    • Feb 2005

Sound Anchors for 703?

Hey Gang-
    First off, hello! I've been lurking here for awhile & this is my first post. This is a great forum to stumble across & some of the pics here get me more turned on than the centerfold of the month, well not really... I just moved into a new house & a 12x15 living room will be used as my listening room...hardwood floors , 6x9 area rug, recliner & love seat, curtains for 2 windows, double doorways into foyer & den... Im starting to move things around to tweak the sound.. I’d love to get a pair of 802's, but the room is too small for them & the wife doesn’t want the stereo in the den. I’ve thought about upgrading to 803’s, but when I compared 703 v. 803 there wasn’t much of a difference, the 803 had a tad more bass (im a rocker, I mainly listen to high quality recordings of live rock & roll shows, I only have 2 ears, so I only need 2 channels…) So now im thinking about getting some stands for the 703's & maybe a small sub to get a little more boom in the room. Is anyone using sound anchor stands for 703's? I emailed Bob & they do offer them, he sent me a diagram. If anyone is using them would it be possible to post a pic so I can get a better idea how they look?

Carter

Here’s my setup:
    B&W 703
    Acurus A200 amp
    Rogue 66 pre-amp
    MSB LinkII DAC
    Behringer DEQ 24/96 – digital equalizer
    NAD 521BEE cd player
  • Mitchell
    • Sep 2004

Hi Carter,
    I have 703's and sound anchor stands. I received them about 6 weeks ago.
    I noticed a big difference in sound. Much more articulated , especially bass. They look ok , just a black border around bottom. I got them to hopefully reduce sound to downstairs neighbors and I believe it works but can never be sure - havent heard any complaints yet.
    I will try to post a picture for you.
    By the way - I found Bob at Sound Anchor extremely informative about audio in general.
    Hope this is helpful.
    Mitchell

Comment

• DanR
      • Dec 2004

Sound Anchor stands are really fabulous in what they accomplish. A great way to improve the sound of the B&W line without going to the poorhouse. Bob is superb and so are his products- you will not be disappointed!!
      :B It's all about the MUSIC!!!

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"