X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • halobelo
    • Jun 2008

Please help!--2 subwoofer connection

Currently I have my B&W PV1 hooked up to a RSX 1065 (Preout SUB 1) via the Coax sub cable for home theater use.
    I just bought a second PV1 and wish to hook it up to my RSX 1065.
    Should i use the connection Preout SUB 2 (on th RSX 1065) via Coax sub cable or is there a better solution?
    (Front -- XT4, Center X-Series B&W, Rear--XT2).
  • wgriel
    • May 2006

I can't imagine why not - if you've got two sub pre-outs I'd think that would be the way to go.

Comment

• halobelo
      • Jun 2008

...or Y-cable + connect both PV1 on 1x Preout SUB (1)?

Comment

• RobP
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Nov 2004

can they be daisy chained?
        Robert P. 8)

AKA "Soundgravy"

Comment

• halobelo
          • Jun 2008

Hello,

i dont know what you mean with daisy chained...
          but i think there is a third option---PV1 Line In --to RSX SUB Preout (1)---and then connect Line Out PV1 to Line in of the second PV1...what would you suggest?

Comment

• RobP
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Nov 2004

daisy chained would be where you can connect the subs together if they have both an input and output on the back, thus creating a chain off of one sub out line.
            Robert P. 8)

AKA "Soundgravy"

Comment

• RobP
              Ultra Senior Member
              • Nov 2004

just checked the B&W website and it shows that the sub does have a line out, so you should be able to daisy chain them.

So it would be Sub out on the RSX to line in on the 1st PV1, then line out from 1St PV1 to second PV1's line in.
              Robert P. 8)

AKA "Soundgravy"

Comment

• halobelo
                • Jun 2008

do you suggest that this kind of connection is better than connecting every of the both subs to one preout of the amplifier?

Comment

• kmcheng
                  • Jan 2008

I have two PV1 in my system. I suggest you use the Sub2 out in the RSX1065 and play with the settings (crossover, volumn, L vs. R, etc.) in the 1065 to maintain stereo seperation.

The other way is to use the telephone wires that come with the PV1 and connect them to the amplifier (not the processor). In this scenario, you adjust the settings on the PV1.

The two methods should sound identical if properly calibrated. However, I think it is much easier to use the Co-ax connection and make the adjustment on the processor.

Comment

• Race Car Driver
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Mar 2005

Ive used a RCA splitter.

Hard 1 male-2 female, plugs into my reciever LFE out and splits to 2 outputs. Then run a sub cable to each sub.

Thats just me.
                    B&W

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"