X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Opus007
    • Nov 2007

Painting Subs

I have two ASW300 subs.Both are Maple Vinyl.All my other speakers are black ash and these look out of place.If I paint them do I void warranty?And if I do paint them what would you use to make them black ash?Anyone done this .Thanks.
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Not sure on what paint, but the only warrantied pieces will be the amp or the driver. So as long as you don't paint either you should be fine.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Race Car Driver
      Super Senior Member
      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Kevin D
      Not sure on what paint, but the only warrantied pieces will be the amp or the driver. So as long as you don't paint either you should be fine.

Kevin D.
      I would have to agree.
      B&W

Comment

• audioqueso
        Super Senior Member
        • Nov 2004

Do a search for it. There was a guy in here that posted earlier this year his results in painting his 600 center channel. It came out looking really good.
        B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• artv4
          • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Opus007
          I have two ASW300 subs.Both are Maple Vinyl.All my other speakers are black ash and these look out of place.If I paint them do I void warranty?And if I do paint them what would you use to make them black ash?Anyone done this .Thanks.
          how did you position your asw300 subs? i had one and man it sounded awesome.
          GO Revel!!!!! (powered by ;x( Anthem)

Comment

• Opus007
            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by artv4
            how did you position your asw300 subs? i had one and man it sounded awesome.
            Here is a picture of how I have them setup.I tried different positions and this is what works and sounds best for me.I had the asw608 and asw610 and asw610xp and the asw300 in my opinion blows the other 3 out of the water.That.s why I opted for the asw300. :T
            Attached Files

Comment

• Opus007
              • Nov 2007

The towel hanging from the right wall is part of my room treatment...well sort of until I get or make a real one.

Comment

• Opus007
                • Nov 2007

Originally posted by audioqueso
                Do a search for it. There was a guy in here that posted earlier this year his results in painting his 600 center channel. It came out looking really good.
                I did a search and do not see the post you are mentioning.I tried searching Painting .center channel,subs,600 series but none of the results came back with what you mentioned.Can anyone link me to that thread?Thanks.

Comment

• emig5m
                  • Aug 2008

Hi, I'm the guy that painted his center channel. For black ash I used Krylon Fusion Black Satin for Plastic - I tested Gloss on a test piece and it was WAY too glossy for the B&W ash. Cost about $3 at Walmart. The hardest part was actually taping it up:

I started with real "thin" coats - it looked like I was just "dusting" it with black.

After a few ultra thin coats I started putting the coats on slightly thicker with each one until I ran out of paint.

I let each coat dry about 30 minutes.

After your final coat the texture will feel rough - buff smooth with a plain white tee shirt after drying at least an hour and a half (kinda like clay baring auto paint - takes all the rough deposits out). Although dry enough to buff, it's still not fully setup, be careful not to bump into anything because the paint will scratch off pretty easily at this point. It might not look solid and some areas will look darker than others - it wont turn a solid shade until it's fully cured.

Finished product:

Matches the stock black ash pretty damned good. Just one warning though - this paint takes up to a week to stop emitting nauseous fumes. It's nothing like say normal indoor ceiling paint that just smells like fresh new paint, it WILL give you migraines! :E

Comment

• Opus007
                    • Nov 2007

Thanks Emig5m.....

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"