X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • visper
    • Dec 2004

703, HTM7 and 705s - A good set-up?

right... I have listened to all the following gear and I think im sure its what I want... anyone offer any pre-sales advice??..

B&W 703 fronts
    B&W 705 rears
    B&W HTM7 centre

Denon avr3805
    Denon dvd3910 - multi region.

Also... I have a toshiba 36zp18 "pictureframe" tv.. I cant work out where would be best to put the centre speaker... on top would be best?.. any help appreciated...

Thanks... (well, thats my first post out of the way!!)
  • sikoniko
    Super Senior Member
    • Aug 2003

If you don't know already, dealer should give you a 10% discount without hassle. You can try to bargain for more, some have success, others don't.
    I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...

Comment

• visper
      • Dec 2004

now theres something from the dealer I have chosenthat I hadn't found before... 25% of the price I pay for my B&W's I get back toward "accessories" which will be grand in terms of speaker cables / interconnects etc.. great..

Comment

• junior77blue
        • Nov 2004

Ideally, you want the center channel to be level with your 'ears' or at similar height as the 703s. Too high or Too low is not the best place. Ideally, you want them to come from the directly behind the screen, if you were to use a front projection.

Comment

• b&Wman
          • Nov 2004

excuse me for going off topic on B&W, but I have to warn you not to buy any DVD players from Denon. They have a horrible quality control problem. I've had several that have all been returned, since they selectively refuse to read some normal redbook CDs. I recommend an Onkyo SP1000 from an online authorized dealer in Montana...

Comment

• junior77blue
            • Nov 2004

I'm sure ALL manufactures have quality problems. I bet for every denon there is an onkyo that has an defect.

I"ve used my denon 2800mkII with no problems whatsoever, does that mean all denons are perfect, NO.

Comment

• RedStep
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by b&Wman
              excuse me for going off topic on B&W, but I have to warn you not to buy any DVD players from Denon. They have a horrible quality control problem. I've had several that have all been returned, since they selectively refuse to read some normal redbook CDs. I recommend an Onkyo SP1000 from an online authorized dealer in Montana...
              This is one opinion...I have had no problems
              RedStep
              We are truly a product of the decisions we make

Comment

• visper
                • Dec 2004

Yeah, appreciate your sentiment... I am still going with the Denon... I have had a few denons and they have all worked ok, stick with what I know I guess..

I have found an optimum AV3 rack, apparently it will fit my htm7 and the 36" will not fall through the top of it... anyone had any experience with optimum racks??...

(not sure if i'm allowed to post the link so you know what im talking bout... so I wont... pm me if you want it)

thanks!!

Comment

• gostan
                  • May 2003

Originally posted by b&Wman
                  My Denon 2900 is going on 14 months with not one problem. It serves me well for redbook, sacd, dvd-a, dvd, etc.
                  Stan

Comment

• visper
                    • Dec 2004

I couldnt believe the detail I got from the 703's.... I was demoing the 704's and asked the guy to bring in the 703's... i heard some midrange guitar line in a song that I have listened to on and off for ten years and never heard that bit of guitar ever before... you just know when you find your right speaker... (im no audiophile... but i like my music).... and after having reasonably crap gear for years... this outta do the trick...

Comment

• EAmin
                      • Aug 2004

This would be a great system.

I really like the 703. It is a great speaker for two channel and HT. The nice thing is, you can really hear detail when you bump up the power too. I'm using an RB-1090 (380 watts/channel) with my 703s and they are singin'. And they have great bass too. Some people may not agree, but I've heard 'em thump. I'm convinced the lack of bass is in the recording they are listening too, and not the speaker...my .02. The HTM7 is good, although I wish we had a bigger center channel option. I'm using one of my RMB-1095 channels (200 watts/channel) into it, and it never complains.

I don't have 705s, but I've heard them and they are a great speaker.

You didn't mention a sub. I have the ASW750 which is good, but I really am in need of more punch when watching movies. I'm considering other subs from Velodyne and SVS --- but leaning towards the SVS.

Good luck with your shopping.

Comment

• BlazeMaster
                        • May 2004

EAmin, I've seen your posts about SVS, you won't regret it.
                        As for Denon products, I know the sound quality isn't as good as Rotels' when mated w/ B&Ws, but their quality control seems to be outstanding for the price. I own a Denon DVD2200 and a AVR2805 and I never had a problem with to this day...Knock on wood.

Visper, when you're at the dealer demoing the 700s, did you ever get a chance to audition the 600s also? I'm interested in you opinion on the HTM7 vs. the LCR600, since I want to upgrade my 600s to 700s. I wanted someone that has a fresh view of B&Ws' opinion, not someone that's really familar with the B&Ws sound and biased towards the more expensive 800s. I'm saving up for the upgrade from 603s, LCR600, 601s to 704s, HTM7 and 705s.

Comment

Working...
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"