X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rednelb
    • Nov 2008

Bets choice for my 803Ds

Now that I purchased these babies (at a wonderfully great price) I have a quick question about which amp I should use...

I KNOW what I am going to purchase soon.. for now, all I have are these two choices..

Integra DTA 9.4 7 channel
    or
    Rotel RMB-1085 5 channel

I have personally listened to both, but after the switch, I am unable to tell a huge difference.

It seem the Integra will be able to handle these speakers better than the Rotel, but the sound "should" be better with the Rotel, but the little size of the Rotel makes me wonder if it can actually keep up.

I would just like some opinions or ideas...

Thanks.
  • BassThatHz
    • Jul 2006

In a matter of days I should have an RB-1091 here, which is arguably one of Rotels best and most capable amps; I will use this to power my N803 with.
    Currently I am making due with an RMB-1075.

I'll let you know how it goes...

Comment

• rednelb
      • Nov 2008

I have 2 1091's set aside at the local retailer, which I can purchase at cost. STILL a lot of money. They are my first choice to make my babies moves, I just want to know what would be better FOR NOW.

Comment

• Alex999
        • Jun 2006

Rotel all the way :T

Comment

• rednelb
          • Nov 2008

OK... so I picked up a RMB-1066 and bridged it (150w x 3) Only using 2 channels. The extra 50 watts I am getting is noticeable, but shuts off when I get too loud. I assume because the impedance dropping below 8ohms. My check book is keeping me from buying the RB-1091s. Does anyone want to purchase a RMB-1085 and a RMB-1066? The price will be right...

Comment

• wettou
            Ultra Senior Member
            • May 2006

Rotel? Try Emotiva :T

XPA-1 Differential Reference™ Mono-block Power Amplifier

500 watts RMS x 1 into 8 ohms, 1,000 watts RMS x 1 into 4 ohms.
            Effortless power. Performance. Sound. A true reference level amplifier.
            You know that sweet spot all amplifiers have? That magical level where things are rich, full, but still a bit relaxed? The amp is in its comfort zone, open, but not overworked. What if you could find that sweet spot at practically any volume level?

It's all about control, and the XPA-1 is a control freak. 500 watts RMS into 8 ohms, 1,000 watts RMS into 4 ohms. All the performance you'd expect to see for an audiophile reference level amplifier. But what about the sound? Big...expansive...powerful...and yet very refined...and defined. This is what you get when you have control.

Mono-block amplifiers have typically been a company's flagships. They define the ultimate expression of a company's approach to design and construction. The XPA-1 amplifier puts our ultimate expression within your reach at market-shattering prices.

Power output:
            8 ohms = 500 WRMS
            4 ohms = 1000 WRMS
            Stable below 4 ohms

• Gain structure - 32db.
            • Frequency response is 20 to 20Khz with less than 0.2db deviation.
            • Broadband frequency response: 10 to 100Khz at +0db-3db.
            • Signal to noise ratio at 1 watt: <89db and <117db referenced to full power output.

• THD at rated power for all impedance is 0.001% (referenced from 20 to 20Khz)
            • True Differential Reference design.
            • Discrete front end
            • Fully balanced quad differential input stage.
            • Darlington VAS stage with optimized C dominant pole
            • Ultra high current ON Semiconductor output stage with low output impedance
            • 24) output devices.
            • 1200VA transformer with 130,000uF of secondary capacitance.
            • Laser etched serial number on faceplate.
            • HIgh resolution LED metering (defeatable).

Effortless. The XPA-1. $999

click any image for a larger view
            Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• Glenee
              • Aug 2006

That frequency response of 20-20khz was dead flat until 0.2db deviation at the very end of the spectrum. Outside of normal hearing range. I'm waiting with very little paticence for the XPA-1.

Comment

• rednelb
                • Nov 2008

I did it..

I bought the RB-1091's. They only had a one silver and one black, OH WELL, these things rock!!!

Since the company is going out of business they gave me a Monster AVS 2000 voltage stabilizer, actually works wonder and my lights don't dim when it is really loud.

Did I mention these things rock?

Here is a good one for you..

Integra 9.8
                RB 1091 x 2
                P.O.S. Era Sub 8 that cant keep up with my babies
                Rotel RDV-1092
                Sonos ZP80

Even at super super loud levels, system only draws around 3A. ???

Now I need a sub!!

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"