X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blakwing
    • Feb 2005

Integra 6.5 or Onkyo 801?

Hello all.. I'm a newbie to these forums. I've read quite a bit here and you seem like the people to ask.

I'm facing a choice and I don't know which way to go.
    Either get the Onkyo 801 or an Integra 6.5?
    I've had little luck online comparing and even less luck with the salesmen..

Both are 100w per channel 7.1 recievers. What is the real pressing difference between the two? Is the Integra really so much a better reciever that it justifies an extra $300?

I have a bit of a Frankenstein on my hands and am trying to upgrade it as I go along.
    I have an Onkyo TX SV 414 Pro reciever that has served faithful daily duty for me for over 12 years.. It needs an update.
    I currently have 2 Cerwin Vega RE 3.0 main speakers, an old Infinity Video 1 center speaker and 2 JBL 2500 bookshelf speakers.

With this tax refund check I'm looking to begin upgrading my system..
    We're starting with a Mitsubishi 55515 HD CRT projection, a Klipsch RW-12 sub and a choice between these 2 recievers..

Try as I might I just can't find any good or comparable info on the two of them. The shop sales guy of course is selling the INtegra.. Top of the line.. Better components, gold this, 2 year warranty yada yada yada..
    Is the difference between the two that noticable or marked? Or is this the kind of thing that you'll need a SPL meter, 5 mic's and a computer to discern any real differences?
    I'm looking long haul.. I want this reciever to carry me for the next 10 years just like the old one did. So I do want a decent piece.

Any and all help you guys can give me would be tremendously appreciated.

Thanks and Helloooooo to you all!
    Blakwing
    DHG171
  • Christian M
    • Feb 2005

blakwing,

I've had a nr801 for quite some time now (since they were first released) and have had absolutely no problems with it whatsoever. With my setup (polk rti speakers) it is more than adequate and shows no signs of struggling while playing movies in 5.1, 6.1, or 7.1 Movies sound natural and very dynamic as well as music, loud or at low levels. I cant say I've ever heard Integra stuff but I can imagine it probably sounds very similar and perhaps different/better to some people.

My advice? Sit back and wait for the new 802 or even 902 to come out or whatever the equivalent may be. After that, take a listen to each one and decide if the price premium of the Integra is worth it.

This is my second Onkyo receiver and my original one is still kickin.

Good luck

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"