X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • altanpsx
    • Nov 2008

Differences between N804 and 804S

I find a very cheap N804 and it's condition is very well. But I really like to know what are the differences between new 804s and n804. By any chance, any of you know the diffrences. Many thank's...
  • William
    • Aug 2006

As far as I know the main difference is the woofer materiel. There may also be some minor cosmetic differences like the tweeter housing and mounting.

Comment

• joetama
      • May 2006

If I am recalling correctly, the crossovers in the 804S are greatly improved over the Xover in the N804.
      -Joe

Comment

• MikeFL52
        • Oct 2007

Originally posted by joetama
        If I am recalling correctly, the crossovers in the 804S are greatly improved over the Xover in the N804.

Is this correct? I thought it was the diamod tweeter that allowed the simpler cross-over and so the 804S and 805S have the original cross-over. I might be absolutely wrong but I thought I read somewhere that this was the case.

Comment

• joetama
          • May 2006

Originally posted by MikeFL52
          Is this correct? I thought it was the diamod tweeter that allowed the simpler cross-over and so the 804S and 805S have the original cross-over. I might be absolutely wrong but I thought I read somewhere that this was the case.
          I believe the crossover was/is improved from the N804 to the 804S.

Someone else is going to comment on which one of us is correct. Either way, meh...
          -Joe

Comment

• Hberg
            • Apr 2008

Originally posted by joetama
            I believe the crossover was/is improved from the N804 to the 804S.

Someone else is going to comment on which one of us is correct. Either way, meh...
            The crossover for the entire 800 series is improved. So the crossover for the 804s is improved over the N804.

When I was looking to purchase the 804s I, too, had a chance to get a good deal on even the N803. I have never looked back in my decision to purchase the 804s.
            "If 'A' equals success, then the formula is 'A = _ X + Y + Z.' 'X' is work. 'Y' is play. 'Z' is keeping your mouth shut." -- Albert Einstein

Comment

• joetama
              • May 2006

Originally posted by Hberg
              The crossover for the entire 800 series is improved. So the crossover for the 804s is improved over the N804.

When I was looking to purchase the 804s I, too, had a chance to get a good deal on even the N803. I have never looked back in my decision to purchase the 804s.
              I was pretty sure that I heard/read this. Also, it wouldn't make sense to release a new line of products with slightly different drivers and not improve the crossover. That would be like shooting ones self in the foot.
              -Joe

Comment

• hifiguymi
                Super Senior Member
                • Mar 2007

The only thing that is the same is the cabinet. The tweeter is different in the 804S - it has a flatter response at the top end of its range. The FST is improved - it has a better (more rigid) basket and improved voice coil. Also, as you stated, the woofers are upgraded - they are now made of Rohacell. The crossovers are now simpler with the driver upgrades as well. The simpler the crossover, the more power gets to the drivers and the better the speakers sound.

Eric

Comment

• altanpsx
                  • Nov 2008

Thank's for these detailed info's hifiguymi.

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"