X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • N2siast
    • Sep 2007

CM-7 or CM-9

I just oordered the cm-7 in glossy black :drool: . Dealers ETA is around December. I'm now wondering if I will be better off with the cm-9. I can't find any specs on the 9. Anyone out there with some specs on the 9? FYI my room size is 17x20x15
  • Mikael
    • Aug 2007

If I was you i would cancel my order of the CM 7, and wait until you have heard the new CM 9, before ordering again. I have tried the CM7 at home with my Rotel setup and I find that it had an overall good sound, but it was lacking in bass at the low end and the midrange was a bit in your face for my taste. I am waiting to hear the CM9 before I will buy a new speaker.

Comment

• style
      Super Senior Member
      • Feb 2006

Hallo N2siast,

For me the CM9 is sure the right choice. I buy this speaker without a listen test auditation /blind - close box

The "old" serie 7 make no more any sense, the new CM will be very great.

Mikael do you have my PM and I have said that this mew speaker wiil be my FIRST choice if I dont have my 803D....

greetings Omar

Comment

• Briz vegas
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by style
        Hallo N2siast,

For me the CM9 is sure the right choice. I buy this speaker without a listen test auditation /blind - close box

The "old" serie 7 make no more any sense, the new CM will be very great.

greetings Omar
        Why does the 700 series no longer make any sense?

You say you have not heard these speakers so there is no way you could have compared the two.
        Mac 8gb SSD Audirvana ->Weiss INT202 firewire interface ->Naim DAC & XPS2 DR->Conrad Johnson CT5 & LP70S-> Vivid B1s. Nordost Valhalla cables & resonance management. (Still waiting for Paul Hynes PS:M)
        Siamese :evil: :twisted:

Comment

• Mikael
          • Aug 2007

Originally posted by style

Mikael do you have my PM and I have said that this mew speaker wiil be my FIRST choice if I dont have my 803D....

greetings Omar

Yep You did say that.I for one are looking forward to hear the CM9.I don't hope that it is "just" a 703 in a new boks or a cheaper version of a 804. I hope that it has a sound of it's own.

Comment

• style
            Super Senior Member
            • Feb 2006

@Briz vegas,

I have had in the past the 703 and is not the speaker for me.

at first as mains then as rear and now sell and replaced whit the 805S :T

much, much better. There are no comparisons to do.

You think really think that the 703 is so different from CM9?

I personally believe that as a new model should be more refined and the song is the reponse.

Sure never listed but I see a great brand like B&W that have much monye in the new CM serie invest money and we believe.....(new cm5&cm9)

nothing from serie 7.

Omar

Comment

• Briz vegas
              Super Senior Member
              • Mar 2005

I just did some quick research and it would appear that the CM9 will retail for $3,000 US. At least from a financial standpoint it certainly does step on the toes of the 703.

B&W would be dropping the "tweeter on top" and angled cabinet sides at that pricepoint. Both of these are features of the 800 series and are claimed to enhance performance.

I wonder if the enclosures on the CM series are cheaper to manufacture due to their greater simplicity.

I must admit that I like the piano black finish. Would look great on the current 700 series shape I think.
              Mac 8gb SSD Audirvana ->Weiss INT202 firewire interface ->Naim DAC & XPS2 DR->Conrad Johnson CT5 & LP70S-> Vivid B1s. Nordost Valhalla cables & resonance management. (Still waiting for Paul Hynes PS:M)
              Siamese :evil: :twisted:

Comment

• style
                Super Senior Member
                • Feb 2006

@Briz vegas,

well, listen before say a conclusion....
                ....compar the two..yes, this will be the right solution...

My experince with the 703 is me enough...I can believe the the new CM serie
                is a good product...no tweeter on top and angled cabinet ...Ok but a angled sides I dont think make any difference. The tweeter on the top is the only point pro serie 7...

The piano black I like very much too. The price from the new reciever, speakers, cables,....technoligie run very fast and the price is always more interessant = more consumers !!
                I will listen the new CM9 at soon.this is sure and I hope to make a big smile!!
                Omar

Comment

• epacke
                  • Oct 2008

Personally I'm not so sure it's fair to compare CM7 with CM9 considering that the price is vastly different.

Comment

• hifiguymi
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Mar 2007

Those two models will be compared all the time since they are in the same line up. Yes, the price is different ($2000.00 US a pr for the CM7 and $3000.00 US a pr for the CM9) but they are in the same category.

As for the OP's question, who knows if the CM9 will be worth it since they haven't shipped yet. The new CM products won't be available until after the first of the year.

Eric

Comment

• Mikael
                      • Aug 2007

I have just been told that the CM models wont be out until January next year, here in Denmark

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"