X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kking168
    • Jan 2008

803D tweeter looks chipped

I noticed one of the diamond tweeters on my 803Ds looks like it's a bit chipped at the edge of the dome. I bought the speakers brand new, they're about a year old. I have never touched the tweeters. The tweeter sounds fine otherwise. Anybody else notice their tweeters aren't perfectly shaped? Or should I contact my dealer? Thanks.
  • kking168
    • Jan 2008

Actually, on closer inspection, I wouldn't necessarily say it's chipped. More like the dome's edge has a small patch that's grayish and not that silver-white color. I hope I don't sound nitpicky; I did after all spend a lot of money on these speakers.

Comment

• ShadowZA
      Super Senior Member
      • Jan 2006

An idea might be to take a digital pic of it (obviously with protection grille removed) and then e-mail it to B & W for their comment. You should be covered by warranty so if a replacement is required, you should have no probs.

Good luck

Comment

• joetama
        • May 2006

It would be interesting to see what you are talking about. But, all of the drivers that I have seen are all the 'silver-white' color as you have originally described.
        -Joe

Comment

• kking168
          • Jan 2008

Got a response from Eric McBride at B&W: "Discolorations on the diamond
          dome are natural. Remember that the diaphragm is made of natural Diamond
          Dust so there could be slight colorations. This will not affect the
          sound quality." So maybe I was just paranoid. Can it be assumed in general that the tweeter either works or it doesn't?

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"