They don't understand what they are listening to.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DM3000 Owner
    • Jun 2006

They don't understand what they are listening to.

My wife and I had a party last weekend and everyone was outside listening to an Ipod in a docking station, all distorted. I convinced them to come inside.

Well, before you knew it, we had the 70's disco albums out, the system cranked and everyone dancing. The next day I was talking to my wife and said that I had never pushed my system like that. Her response was that it was not that loud. I don't think that anyone in the room realized that it was as loud as a nightclub, but that the difference was that it wasn't harsh and distorted and you could hear every word and note of the music (everyone was singing along). Or that when the needle hit the vinyl, there were no pops and clicks. Just thought that I would share.

By the way, there is no need to bi-amp 800's. A single pair of CAM 350's and a single JL Audio F113 is plenty for a large room. :T
  • Pedro
    • Jan 2006

Nice to hear your comment...

And that´s the important: The music LOUDER without any loss of dynamic and all the virtues there, the bass, the mid and high notes, never sounding bloated etc... I´ve notice in auditions, that the 801 and 800 were the only projects that you can do that, IMO

Comment

• wettou
      Ultra Senior Member
      • May 2006

Originally posted by DM3000 Owner
      My wife and I had a party last weekend and everyone was outside listening to an Ipod in a docking station, all distorted. I convinced them to come inside.

Well, before you knew it, we had the 70's disco albums out, the system cranked and everyone dancing. The next day I was talking to my wife and said that I had never pushed my system like that. Her response was that it was not that loud. I don't think that anyone in the room realized that it was as loud as a nightclub, but that the difference was that it wasn't harsh and distorted and you could hear every word and note of the music (everyone was singing along). Or that when the needle hit the vinyl, there were no pops and clicks. Just thought that I would share.

By the way, there is no need to bi-amp 800's. A single pair of CAM 350's and a single JL Audio F113 is plenty for a large room. :T

Cool do you have 800D? I have JL Audio F113 and was thinking to get a second one to tame the waves:T
      Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• SRT-10 Viper
        • Mar 2005

Wettou; I have 2 F113s and found when I added the second it did exactly what you are looking for in your room. I tried a couple positions and found having them in opposite sides of the room one front right, one rear left smoothed out my room the best.

Comment

• wettou
          Ultra Senior Member
          • May 2006

Originally posted by SRT-10 Viper
          Wettou; I have 2 F113s and found when I added the second it did exactly what you are looking for in your room. I tried a couple positions and found having them in opposite sides of the room one front right, one rear left smoothed out my room the best.
          Tell me more? I was thinking both of them in the front?
          Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• beden1
            Super Senior Member
            • Oct 2006

Originally posted by wettou
            Tell me more? I was thinking both of them in the front?
            I found the subs to better musically having the two next to each front speaker. I can see how he prefers the opposite corners for HT.

In my one room, I have (not by choice) the right front speaker in the right front of the room, and the left front speaker at the left rear corner of the room. The subs are on the opposite corners on the front and rear walls. This sounds great for HT, and just OK for stereo.

Comment

• misterdoggy
              Super Senior Member
              • May 2005

Music is good loud, and you can hear everything, but a great system is also good when you can hear lots of detail even when its played low.

Comment

• SRT-10 Viper
                • Mar 2005

wettou; I had my F113 Subs next to my 800Ds and decided the 800Ds didn't need the additional help for music so I started to move them for the best HT use. I found having them across the room on different sides (as mentioned above) helped the HT Base become much smoother in the room. Net is, I wouldn't hesitate going with dual F113s for your room if you have the space and $$.

Comment

• wettou
                  Ultra Senior Member
                  • May 2006

Originally posted by misterdoggy
                  Music is good loud, and you can hear everything, but a great system is also good when you can hear lots of detail even when its played low.
                  Yes I could not agree more the best system I have experience are the ones where you can carry a conversation and still enjoy the music. So when no one talks the music sounds great. For that the floor noise must be very very low.:T

Comment

• misterdoggy
                    Super Senior Member
                    • May 2005

Originally posted by SRT-10 Viper
                    wettou; I had my F113 Subs next to my 800Ds and decided the 800Ds didn't need the additional help for music so I started to move them for the best HT use. I found having them across the room on different sides (as mentioned above) helped the HT Base become much smoother in the room. Net is, I wouldn't hesitate going with dual F113s for your room if you have the space and $$.
                    I am of the same opinion

My Sub is across the room on the corner on the other side

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    😂
                    🥰
                    😘
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😞
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"