X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cowanrg
    • Feb 2004

Hello everyone!

hey all. i have been lurking for awhile now, but i finally joined up.

i am a a/v salesman, and a rotel dealer and have used this forum to answer and research some questions my customers have had. after seeing the posts here, and having many satisfied customers, i decided to see what it was all about.

i have just ordered 2 rb-1070's. these will be used for now to bi-amp my fronts (magnepan 1.6's), but will eventually move to bi-amp my rears (magnepan smgc's). im pretty excited to see how they work. my rep told me they do very well with difficult loads such as the maggies. i know they wont sing as well as a 1080 would on the fronts, but their are to be used as just rears channels amps until i get my pass labs.

thanks everyone, and ill let you know how they sound!
  • Aussie Geoff
    Super Senior Member
    • Oct 2003

Cowanrg,

Welcome to club Rotel as a full member. Your RB-1070 will be a good long term investment that will move over time in your HT or stereo world as you experience the joy of separate upgrades. It should really sing with your Maggies – especially with good cables.

Enjoy the forum - it's only as good as its members and their continual contribution and support of each other. In my experience "Club Rotel" is one of the nicest HT forums on the net. If you've decided to join - I know you'll be a great part of the team here!

Geoff Costello

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Welcome to the Club:T

Comment

• aud19
        Twin Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2003

Welcome Robert and congrats on the new equipment

Hope we'll see more from you on here!

Jason

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
        Jason

Comment

• Bam!
          Super Senior Member
          • Jan 2004

Welcome Cowanrg
          Dude bi amping on a home theater sounds pretty 8) 8) 8)

Love to hear what differences you hear or maybe not this could cost me a bundle :LOL:

Have fun la !

Bam!
          Got a nice rack to show me ?

Comment

• Cowanrg
            • Feb 2004

yeah, i do HT like i would stereo... i dont like the 5-channel amps. i prefer a monoblock or a stereo amp on each speaker

i hope the rotels work well, i want them to!

Comment

• Bam!
              Super Senior Member
              • Jan 2004

Cowanrg

You say you don`t like the sound of 5 channel amps. We have something in common I have post just below this one and the sound of my home theater amp drives me nuts I find that it sounds like my tone deaf brother in laws portable Kenwood (no offense to Kenwood owners )
              So if you are getting that 2 channel sound out of your set up please tell me and well and we will... :^x

ain oui la! salut la !

Bam!
              Got a nice rack to show me ?

Comment

• Azeke
                Super Senior Member
                • Mar 2003

Cowanrg,

Welcome to the Club, I hope your stay here is an enjoyable one.

Enjoy your toys,

Azeke

Comment

• Cowanrg
                  • Feb 2004

the ultimate goal (and soon to be achieved), is to have the rotels on the rears (bi-amping each rear), then i will have a pair of pass labs monoblocks on the fronts (coming in summer), and then either another pair of pass labs monos or another pair of rotels bi-amping the fronts. im probably leaning toward 2 pass labs amps on each front.

im also getting a new processor in the summer. i was going to do the rotel, but the new B&K is coming out, and i will get a pretty good deal on it, so i will get it for price/performance reasons instead.

either way the next two weeks will be ones for new toys! i get the rotels next week, my new rears (maggie SMGc's) this week, and (my favorite addition), my audioquest pike's peak speaker cable (with upgraded 48V DBS pack, one at each end) next week too!

Comment

• skipm
                    • Jun 2003

Cowanrg-

Welcome to the Club! Your mention of maggies brought back fond memories. I owned a pair of small maggies back in the 80's. I had to get rid of them when I moved and my new living room looked a little funny with these guys sitting about 6 feet away from the rear wall.

I'm headed in your direction this Saturday. I'll be in Snowmass for the week.

-Skip

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"