X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • specialized
    • Apr 2008

Htm3S and which Amp?

Hi there.. As u know im waiting my 803S to arrive. Im ordering HTM3S after i get 803S, so i have a question about amp. 803S would be driven by Rotel 1080. I use Denon 3808 for the center and the backs and as Pre/Pro. Becouse HTM3S need better Amp, im thinking which amp to get to be as much closer to the sound with 803S. What do u think about getting RB-1070, bridged in Mono just for HTM3S, and Denon to power just the rear speakers. I wonder if this is right becouse in RB-1070 manual say in bridged mode impedance have to be 8 ohms. Htm3S come close to 3 Ohms. Do u think i'll go wrong if i still get the 1070?

That way i'll get 1080 for the front
    1070 just for the center
    And whole power of Denon 3808 just for the rears (CM1 in this moment, which can be upgraded to 805S)

Do u have any other ideas?

Greetings

Darko
  • Alpha231
    • May 2008

Darko,
    I would recommend against bridging this amp as it will more than likely clip under load. Get another Rotel amp to power your center and surrounds.

Comment

• mjb
      Super Senior Member
      • Mar 2005

Darko, didn't we just go through all this here: http://www.htguide.com/forum/showthread.php4?t=31266 ?

A 1070 is NOT a 1080, not bi-amped, not bridged, not ever! You should either go for a second 1080, or a 1075 (and use it for the rears too). You know your speakers deserve it
      - Mike

Main System:
      B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
      Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

• specialized
        • Apr 2008

Originally posted by mjb
        Darko, didn't we just go through all this here: http://www.htguide.com/forum/showthread.php4?t=31266 ?

A 1070 is NOT a 1080, not bi-amped, not bridged, not ever! You should either go for a second 1080, or a 1075 (and use it for the rears too). You know your speakers deserve it

Sorry for double thread.. In this thread there was no replys at all, so i got idea about biamping and the next thread start with mix of both themes

Ok.. Seem that we think similar.. Now the only dilema is 1080 or 1075?

I think 1080 is better idea, but rear speakers would be connected on receiver, or one rear speaker to the second 1080 channel, the other one to the receiver..

Or just to go to 1075?

Darko

Comment

• htsteve
          Super Senior Member
          • Sep 2004

Originally posted by specialized
          Sorry for double thread.. In this thread there was no replys at all, so i got idea about biamping and the next thread start with mix of both themes

Ok.. Seem that we think similar.. Now the only dilema is 1080 or 1075?

I think 1080 is better idea, but rear speakers would be connected on receiver, or one rear speaker to the second 1080 channel, the other one to the receiver..

Or just to go to 1075?

Darko

Darko,

I would recommend the 1075 for your other speakers. Two primary reasons. Having a good quality amp on all speakers will aid in overall sound presentation. Also, the tonal quality and integration of your speakers will be much improved (all B&W driven by all Rotel)

Further, you have CM1's as rear speakers. These are very nice. They would certainly benefit from a quality amp like the 1075. And, if you do upgrade the rears to 805S, the 1075 will be a much better choice, not the receiver.

Also, if you plan to do Blu Ray, it has uncompressed (or HD) audio. This audio is awesome. Your speakers will be especially excellent if they all have Rotal power.

Secondly, if you ever decide to go 7.1, you are already set for that. In the meantime, you can use the additional channels in the 1075 for a second zone. I did this with a 1080 and 1095 awhile back. It worked out very nicely.

Hope this helps.

Comment

• specialized
            • Apr 2008

Originally posted by htsteve
            Darko,

I would recommend the 1075 for your other speakers. Two primary reasons. Having a good quality amp on all speakers will aid in overall sound presentation. Also, the tonal quality and integration of your speakers will be much improved (all B&W driven by all Rotel)

Further, you have CM1's as rear speakers. These are very nice. They would certainly benefit from a quality amp like the 1075. And, if you do upgrade the rears to 805S, the 1075 will be a much better choice, not the receiver.

Also, if you plan to do Blu Ray, it has uncompressed (or HD) audio. This audio is awesome. Your speakers will be especially excellent if they all have Rotal power.

Secondly, if you ever decide to go 7.1, you are already set for that. In the meantime, you can use the additional channels in the 1075 for a second zone. I did this with a 1080 and 1095 awhile back. It worked out very nicely.

Hope this helps.

Thank u... U think 1075 would be enough for HTM3S and not much difference compared for 1080.. Im afraid if i go 1075 route that 803S with 1080 would be tonaly different then Htm3s with 1075? Or it's not that big difference?

Greetings

Darko

Comment

• dknightd
              • Mar 2006

Another option is to get a nice new amp for your front three, and use the 1080 for rears.

Comment

• specialized
                • Apr 2008

Originally posted by dknightd
                Another option is to get a nice new amp for your front three, and use the 1080 for rears.

Do u have idea with some brand/model?

Darko

Comment

• dknightd
                  • Mar 2006

classe, emotiva, PS Audio, probably others as well.

Comment

• htsteve
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Sep 2004

Originally posted by specialized
                    Thank u... U think 1075 would be enough for HTM3S and not much difference compared for 1080.. Im afraid if i go 1075 route that 803S with 1080 would be tonaly different then Htm3s with 1075? Or it's not that big difference?

Greetings

Darko

Darko,

I don't think it would be that big a difference. There will be a big difference in bass control and detail between the HTM3S and a receiver and the 1075 contolling that center channel. Any differences between the 1080 and 1075 will not be big, IMO.

If you want to get a little creative, you could bi-amp the HTM3S with two channels of they 1075. This should improve the center channel, in order to close the small gap between the center and the 803S's.

Hope this helps.

Comment

• specialized
                      • Apr 2008

Originally posted by htsteve
                      Darko,

I don't think it would be that big a difference. There will be a big difference in bass control and detail between the HTM3S and a receiver and the 1075 contolling that center channel. Any differences between the 1080 and 1075 will not be big, IMO.

If you want to get a little creative, you could bi-amp the HTM3S with two channels of they 1075. This should improve the center channel, in order to close the small gap between the center and the 803S's.

Hope this helps.
                      Thank u.. Seem that i'll get 1075, and that way to solve my sweet problem

Thanks to all that tried to help me

Greetings

Darko

Comment

• nick778
                        • May 2008

As know the 800 series (especially D series) speaker love good clean, high current power and good speaker cable and even better bi-wired.

Depending on your budget I'd consider the RMB-1095 or the new Bel Canto S500 with the the M500 for the center. You can use their S300 for the surrounds later on.

Comment

Working...
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"