X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • specialized
    • Apr 2008

Rotel RB-1070 or Rotel RB-1080 combination

Hi there.. Im driving my 803S with Rotel RB-1080 per speaker (biamped).

The sound that they produce is very nice..

Also i have HTm3S and 805S. HTM3S is driven by one Channel of Third RB-1080 that i have, and second channel of RB-1080 drive one of 805S. The Second 805S is driven by Denon 3808 receiver i have.

Question: Im thinking to buy RB-1070 amp. If i done that, what would be better situation:

1. RB-1070 to drive 805S, and RB-1080 to bi biamped to HTM3S.

2. RB-1080 to drive 805S and RB-1070 to bi biamped to HTM3S

greetings

Darko
  • BWzes03
    • Oct 2005

I'd say, biamp the center with the RB-1080, since it is the larger centerspeaker, it is in a sence a 804 in center (D'Appolito) configuration. The 805's can then be driven using the RB-1070. Since dialogue channel is very important and needs to be matched to the fronts, powering them the same way will help in the integration. Effects channels like the side and rears are 'less' important for movie playback.
    If you're also going to play multichannel music (SA-CD or DVD-A multichannel) then the rears are also important and need to be 'voice matched' to front and center speakers.....

Comment

• hifiguymi
      Super Senior Member
      • Mar 2007

I agree with BWzes03. That would be the way to do it.

Eric

Comment

• htsteve
        Super Senior Member
        • Sep 2004

I also vote for option 1. The amplification across the front three will be the same, improving system synergy.

Comment

• specialized
          • Apr 2008

Originally posted by BWzes03
          I'd say, biamp the center with the RB-1080, since it is the larger centerspeaker, it is in a sence a 804 in center (D'Appolito) configuration. The 805's can then be driven using the RB-1070. Since dialogue channel is very important and needs to be matched to the fronts, powering them the same way will help in the integration. Effects channels like the side and rears are 'less' important for movie playback.
          If you're also going to play multichannel music (SA-CD or DVD-A multichannel) then the rears are also important and need to be 'voice matched' to front and center speakers.....

Yes.. Im also interested for SA-CD and DVA-A. Since 805S is different type speaker then HTM3s and 803s, does that mean it's not a good combination for my fronts?

Darko

Comment

• style
            Super Senior Member
            • Feb 2006

Hallo,

strange I had used the RB1080 for the 805s and the RB1070 (and not bi.amp) to drive the htm3s!! :x

I have always my center with a paar db minus vs. the mains speaker.
            I like so.

Style

Comment

• BWzes03
              • Oct 2005

Originally posted by specialized
              Yes.. Im also interested for SA-CD and DVA-A. Since 805S is different type speaker then HTM3s and 803s, does that mean it's not a good combination for my fronts?

Darko
              That depends, I'm unfamiliar with the 'timbre' of the 805's. The 'issue' is that multichannel music in SA-CD and DVD-A are 'counting' on all speakers to be the same, and full range. Meaning that the rear channels will also contain signals in the lower registers. Older models of universal players were unable to do bass-management on SA-CD and DVD-A playback, causing the rear speakers to deal with signals they cannot reproduce.
              Also, the overal sound 'color' from the speakers need to match otherwise a guitar (or any other instrument) being 'panned' from the front speakers to the rears will sound completely different.

Comment

• specialized
                • Apr 2008

Originally posted by BWzes03
                That depends, I'm unfamiliar with the 'timbre' of the 805's. The 'issue' is that multichannel music in SA-CD and DVD-A are 'counting' on all speakers to be the same, and full range. Meaning that the rear channels will also contain signals in the lower registers. Older models of universal players were unable to do bass-management on SA-CD and DVD-A playback, causing the rear speakers to deal with signals they cannot reproduce.
                Also, the overal sound 'color' from the speakers need to match otherwise a guitar (or any other instrument) being 'panned' from the front speakers to the rears will sound completely different.
                I wanted a 804s, but they were not more produced So dealer have a 805s and i thought that still it's 800 series, and it would be matched to the front end

Darko

Comment

• BWzes03
                  • Oct 2005

Originally posted by specialized
                  I wanted a 804s, but they were not more produced So dealer have a 805s and i thought that still it's 800 series, and it would be matched to the front end

Darko
                  Like I said, I'm unfamiliar with the sound color of the 805's compared to the 803's just try to play stereo with one 803 and one 805 in the front to see if the overall sound color matches. if it does, you will be able to play mutichannel music without any 'sound color' problems...

Comment

• specialized
                    • Apr 2008

Originally posted by style
                    Hallo,

strange I had used the RB1080 for the 805s and the RB1070 (and not bi.amp) to drive the htm3s!! :x

I have always my center with a paar db minus vs. the mains speaker.
                    I like so.

Style
                    I installed RB-1070 on 805s. I also biamped 1080 on HTM3S. It sound amazing now. Also i found out that sub that i have destroy the quaility of sound and it's much better without Sub (Mordaunt Short Avant 309i). Seem that i cant adjust it properly or it's not match with the rest of the speakers. I'll try few more days but more is that i'll sell it and go without sub one period.

Greetings

Darko

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"