X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SoundEngine355
    • Feb 2008

B&W 805s with HTM61 centre?

Hi,

Due to the size limitations of my TV cabinet I can only fit the HTM61/62 centre, would the HTM61 be a good match for the 805s for HT?

Cheers
    SoundEngine355

-------------------
    [Music] B&W 800D | Classe CDP202 +M400s | Velodyne DD15
  • Briz vegas
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

Do a search for the centre speakers on this forum. Other posters think it ain't a good match.

Maybe you would be better thinking out of the box and making it work. Like this maybe (recent example from picture thread) although I probably would have tried harder to put it down the bottom if it was my system.

I only watch movies once or twice a week myself so I keep my centre channel in the spare room and wheel it out just for the movie - but that's just me and it is a little annoying - but the two channel sounds better for it.
    Attached Files
    Mac 8gb SSD Audirvana ->Weiss INT202 firewire interface ->Naim DAC & XPS2 DR->Conrad Johnson CT5 & LP70S-> Vivid B1s. Nordost Valhalla cables & resonance management. (Still waiting for Paul Hynes PS:M)
    Siamese :evil: :twisted:

Comment

• brocka
      • May 2007

Originally posted by Briz vegas
      although I probably would have tried harder to put it down the bottom if it was my system.
      Hi Briz vegas

Funny that you should mention that!! I have been thinking about putting the centre speaker down at the bottom as I have just recently moved the FL & FR speakers down onto the carpet sitting on some 45mm thick pieces of hardwood. Before that I had them up on the raised section where the TV unit sits, but I found that the tweeters where to high when sitting down in the couch and the back of the speakers where also to close to the wall. I'm getting a lot better sound now with the speakers positioned where they are, so I might give some more thought into moving the centre speaker below!!!

Comment

• Briz vegas
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2005

Good move with the speakers brocka. Glad you are enjoying the sounds.

From your gear list it looks like Merv and David did well out of you. :-) Should be a sweet sounding setup.
        Mac 8gb SSD Audirvana ->Weiss INT202 firewire interface ->Naim DAC & XPS2 DR->Conrad Johnson CT5 & LP70S-> Vivid B1s. Nordost Valhalla cables & resonance management. (Still waiting for Paul Hynes PS:M)
        Siamese :evil: :twisted:

Comment

• Guy
          • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Briz vegas
          Good move with the speakers brocka. Glad you are enjoying the sounds.

From your gear list it looks like Merv and David did well out of you. :-) Should be a sweet sounding setup.
          Did well out of me too.

Comment

• Ash
            • Dec 2004

Havent heard the htm61, but at some point in the past I had N805s and the smaller 6series LCR (for center) and I felt that the combo did not give a balanced sound in HT, it felt weak in comparison to the N805s and did give as good of a sound. Eventually I couldn't take it and I bought an HTM2. Then I was happy.

The LCR I had was smaller and did not have an FST drive. So I'm not sure if my case can be a good comparison.
            Last edited by Ash; 08 September 2008, 09:57 Monday.

Comment

• KRC
              • Aug 2004

I posted a new thread on the topic of their new centre channel the CT 7.3 which is a sideways 703 minus the fancy veneer. I have not heard it yet but it would probably be a better match then the 61/62 combo.....if it fits in your cabinet of course.

Kevin

Comment

Working...
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍
              👎
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"