Took the 800D Plunge, Official 800D member !

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • misterdoggy
    Super Senior Member
    • May 2005

This is the problem......

Comment

• RebelMan
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Mar 2005

For a $2K player that does most other things well it is a big problem. Hold on to your PS3 for now. The Sony BDP-550 coming this fall may be the ticket you are looking for.
      "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Comment

• misterdoggy
        Super Senior Member
        • May 2005

Originally posted by RebelMan
        For a $2K player that does most other things well it is a big problem. Hold on to your PS3 for now. The Sony BDP-550 coming this fall may be the ticket you are looking for.
        I have the Sony BDP-500 is what I was referring to

My son has the PS3 hooked up too

I want to get away from Sony DVD players

Comment

• RebelMan
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Mar 2005

The BDP-550 is a different animal and cannot be compared but I understand your position. The PS3 is still the king of Blu-ray players. My only complaint is that it is noisy.
          "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Comment

• wettou
            Ultra Senior Member
            • May 2006

Originally posted by RebelMan
            The BDP-550 is a different animal and cannot be compared but I understand your position. The PS3 is still the king of Blu-ray players. My only complaint is that it is noisy.
            Yes, we are all waiting for the BDP-550 it is suppose to load much faster than the PS3 :T

The panasonic BD50 is still slow
            Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• SRT-10 Viper
              • Mar 2005

It's a little slow, but coming from a Pioneer BR, this is much faster than the long wait times on that unit. I understand the new Sony's to be very fast and the 550 looks to be a good alternative when it comes out.

Comment

• wettou
                Ultra Senior Member
                • May 2006

Originally posted by SRT-10 Viper
                It's a little slow, but coming from a Pioneer BR, this is much faster than the long wait times on that unit. I understand the new Sony's to be very fast and the 550 looks to be a good alternative when it comes out.
                Now if they can keep the price at $500 that will be the key. :B
                Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• misterdoggy
                  Super Senior Member
                  • May 2005

1201's arrived at the ariport today. Hoping for delivery tomorrow and then will post some foto's of the system in its Evolving form.

I don't have room for 1201 for the center or else I would consider that too. I'm hoping that the difference between the center and the FL and FR won't be the same experience as Jericho, where he said he found it faded behind the sides.

Jericho, Did that fading completely change with the 1201 for the center ? Or its just a matter that the htm1d is not the same as an 800D ?

Those 800D's are so impressive, as I have logged on lots of hours they are crystal clear and I would say the difference between the 802D and the 800D is great. Not a small margin, but noticeable margin of pleasure. Worth the cost ?? Definitely

Comment

• jericho
                    • Dec 2004

Originally posted by misterdoggy
                    1201's arrived at the ariport today. Hoping for delivery tomorrow and then will post some foto's of the system in its Evolving form.

I don't have room for 1201 for the center or else I would consider that too. I'm hoping that the difference between the center and the FL and FR won't be the same experience as Jericho, where he said he found it faded behind the sides.

Jericho, Did that fading completely change with the 1201 for the center ? Or its just a matter that the htm1d is not the same as an 800D ?

Those 800D's are so impressive, as I have logged on lots of hours they are crystal clear and I would say the difference between the 802D and the 800D is great. Not a small margin, but noticeable margin of pleasure. Worth the cost ?? Definitely
                    I'm happy you agree with the great difference you notice between 802D and 800D.You'll notice that the difference between the 501 and the 1201 is hugh too.
                    After a while when playing lots of surround music or multi channel films, you will notice that you need to change the power on the center too.
                    I'll bet you change it one day or another

Regards
                    Jericho

Comment

• misterdoggy
                      Super Senior Member
                      • May 2005

Originally posted by jericho
                      I'm happy you agree with the great difference you notice between 802D and 800D.You'll notice that the difference between the 501 and the 1201 is hugh too.
                      After a while when playing lots of surround music or multi channel films, you will notice that you need to change the power on the center too.
                      I'll bet you change it one day or another

Regards
                      Jericho
                      Hmmmmm I really hope not.....

I just don't have the room. You see my setup, I would have to raise the shelf another 9cm which would raise the height of the Screen. Unless I was to "hide" it behind somewhere which is possible.
                      :cry: :cry:

Comment

• beden1
                        Super Senior Member
                        • Oct 2006

Hmmmmm I really hope not.....

I just don't have the room. You see my setup, I would have to raise the shelf another 9cm which would raise the height of the Screen. Unless I was to "hide" it behind somewhere which is possible.
                        :cry: :cry:
                        If it were me, I'd use the two 501's to bi-amp your HTM1D, and get some cheaper and smaller used two channel amp to run your 804 surrounds.

You could then move your cable box to the top shelf with the TV, and place the surround amp in the spot where the cable box is now.

If you look at the pictures I posted in this forum, you can see that I used a small glass shelf with feet to raise my TV a bit, and to enable running the cable box wires under the TV. It works very well.

Comment

• misterdoggy
                          Super Senior Member
                          • May 2005

I can sell my 501's for 5500 euros pair or have a 1201 landed here for 4200 euros so financially, spacially and keeping the sound across the front the same the 1201 makes much more sense

Comment

• beden1
                            Super Senior Member
                            • Oct 2006

I can sell my 501's for 5500 euros pair or have a 1201 landed here for 4200 euros so financially, spacially and keeping the sound across the front the same the 1201 makes much more sense
                            It may make more sense getting a third 1201, but I would certainly try to hear what the mated 501's sound like in the mix. They may actually perform very well across the front.

Plus, your display symmetry will be lost, as it looks like you'll still have to raise your TV et al, to get the room to place the third 1201.

Comment

• misterdoggy
                              Super Senior Member
                              • May 2005

or stick another 1201 and then the 252 behind so all you see in the front are 2 1201's

Comment

Working...
                              Searching...Please wait.
                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                              There are no results that meet this criteria.
                              Search Result for "|||"