• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • style
    Super Senior Member
    • Feb 2006

What for SRback speakers?

Hallo,

My seup is 803D L/R, Htm2D center and the 805s "normal" surround.
    (plus B&W750 sub) = 5.1 set.

I will make (not because my room is too big but for BD and HD disc with the new codings ( dd+/DTS ma ecc.)

My room is10 m. long, 5.8 wide but my system is fitted with the screen on the wall 10 meters long and speakers are brought in 5.8 metres ...

I thought the B&W SMCS but may be the bipolar DS8S can be another solution.... or not so expensve go with the serie 7 DS7... (I don't think thata CM1 or 685 at wall is a great solution...)

what do you think?
    Please reply
    Omar

P.S::
    (at this moment the B&W are drived from 2xRB1092¨and RB1091 for center)
    I wait a Classè CA3200 for the from and utilise the Rotel in my posses or I sold the Rotel and (better solution) go with the CA5200 for L/C/R and "normal SR" plus one extra 2 channel for the suroound back...)
  • mjb
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

The SCMS is supposed to be a flat 805S, and sound pretty good as rears. That's what I'm saving for, considering my listen area space.
    - Mike

Main System:
    B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
    Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

• scanido
      • Apr 2006

I second the SCMS. I got a pair that i am using as mains now and the sound quality from these speakers are phenomenal, albeit on good amplification!

Comment

• Ken49r
        • Dec 2007

I third the SCMS. I have DS7 rears paired with 805s/HTM4 up front. B&W offers speaker matching on there website, and the only 800 series speaker they match the DS7 for surround use is the 805s up front. Any 800 series floor stand speaker would need to have 800 series surrounds as well. Your already running 805s side surround so it would be best to match all 4 surrounds. On music the surround will draw more attention to itself than a movie, but some movies will too.

Comment

• style
          Super Senior Member
          • Feb 2006

Hallo,

thanks for your opinions..

I task that SMCS like back on wall and 805 as side-speakers it is a good combination.

If I put the 805 in the angle back and on the ceiling I apply of the DS8 is not the maximum….

Between the 2 possibilities to take of the SMCS it is it appeals to what me more and this solution give sure nice quallity reponse....

From your opinions me it seems that also you are in agreement or??

omar

Comment

• Ken49r
            • Dec 2007

Originally posted by style
            I task that SMCS like back on wall and 805 as side-speakers it is a good combination.
            That's how I would do it.
            Keep the main five at the same tweeter height and you have the option to raise the rear surrounds.
            Keeping in mind you may still play some discs in 5.1 so utilizing the 805s for side surround duty will act as rear in a 5.1 ch playback.

Comment

• style
              Super Senior Member
              • Feb 2006

hlallo scanido,

do you have a SMCS as front speakers and do you usa a MC205 to drive them,right??
              sorry but do you have tooa 803s or? wher going these 803?

The SMCS as rear on Walll will be attached at 1 meter ca. over who listens is right?
              Do you think that a SMCS can be a good center speaker ? ( 3 SMCS =L/C/R)

please reply
              Omar

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"