X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • springer49
    • Oct 2004

Question for the B&W experts. SCMS-1 or 805S

My brother is putting together a home theater and I was hoping to get some opinions from the experts.
    SCMS-1 or 805S for the rear speakers.
    They will be very close to the seating area. Pretty much at ear level or slightly above and within 1-3 feet of the listener.
    He has been trying to cut costs so he is looking for both used. The SCMS are obviously designed for this but rarely do you find a used pair. The 805S if purchased will be secured firmly to a shelf in the appropriate area. Will this affect sound quality as it may not be the most secure way to mount. ( doesn't want to put on stands because of floor space). Will be using mostly for movies but is being drawn more and more to the DVD-Audio and SACD so sound quality is important.
    The front speakers are 803D's and HTM3S for the center.(sadly this was my exact set up until my company downsized me).
    I would like to hear from the experts. Thanks
  • Blindamood
    • Sep 2003

Might want to search for previous posts for this one. For example, see the thread below, which discusses some of these same options:

Which Rear Speakers with 804S?
    Brad

Comment

• chin kwan
      • Jul 2006

I am using SCM1.. I think SCM1 is a safer bet if you are DETERMINED for wall mount..

The SCM1 are voiced for being placed on the wall.. 805 on the other hand is voiced for free mounting on a stand..

Just be patient and wait.. I got my SCM1 pair used.. Could have went with 805 but then you will be spending extra to get a good mount etc.. SCM1 comes with a very sturdy mount from B&W..

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"