X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • atchudy
    • Nov 2007

Help Selling a Pair of 805's

I am trying to sell a pair of perfect condition Cherry 805 Speakers, and am wondering the best place to sell them. I have seen them sell on ebay for $1,900+, is that a realistic value?
  • jjahshik32
    • Sep 2007

I ended up selling my 805S for $2375 + $100 shipping.. took a while though but someone bit. I just noticed that modia.com has upped the price for the 805S (maybe because its a very popular speaker?) from $2500 for the pair that I paid to $2800!

But the htm4 someone picked those up locally for $1450.

Comment

• beden1
      Super Senior Member
      • Oct 2006

Originally posted by jjahshik32
      I ended up selling my 805S for $2375 + $100 shipping.. took a while though but someone bit. I just noticed that modia.com has upped the price for the 805S (maybe because its a very popular speaker?) from $2500 for the pair that I paid to $2800!

But the htm4 someone picked those up locally for $1450.
      Why would someone have paid you that much for used 805S speakers when they could have bought them new with a warranty for about $2,520 plus tax with a standard type discount? The new list is $2,800 for the 805S. The new list for the HTM4 is $1,500, and with the standard type discount, buy price new with warranty is about $1,350 plus tax. :roll:

Comment

• beden1
        Super Senior Member
        • Oct 2006

Originally posted by atchudy
        I am trying to sell a pair of perfect condition Cherry 805 Speakers, and am wondering the best place to sell them. I have seen them sell on ebay for $1,900+, is that a realistic value?
        This is a very good site for selling used audio equipment:

Audiogon provides a marketplace for people to buy, sell, trade, or discuss high-end audio. Audiogon is a community for hifi enthusiasts and audiophiles.

You could also try EBAY.

Good Luck.

Comment

• jjahshik32
          • Sep 2007

Originally posted by beden1
          Why would someone have paid you that much for used 805S speakers when they could have bought them new with a warranty for about $2,520 plus tax with a standard type discount? The new list is $2,800 for the 805S. The new list for the HTM4 is $1,500, and with the standard type discount, buy price new with warranty is about $1,350 plus tax. :roll:
          The 805S I had were in pretty much brand new condition and with the original receipt from modia as well and were only 7 months old.

As for the htm4 I only had them since late february 08' and with the original receipt as well.

Dont forget the guy saved on taxes as well and my local dealer at modia I noticed jacked up their 805S price up from $2500 to $2800 now and with a little discount and I'm saying very little with tax I paid easily $2500 for the pair. Apparently the person who bought my 805S told me he could only get the 805S brand new for little less than $2800. I noticed that my local dealer gives very very little discount.

I lucked out on the htm4 sale as the guy was eager for the black htm4 piece and since mine was pretty much brand new (he took a look at it) and confirmed with my original receipt he took the $1450 and not to mention the luck as modia was out of stock with the black ash in htm4 and he would have to wait a week or two.

Comment

• beden1
            Super Senior Member
            • Oct 2006

Congratulations, you were very fortunate indeed!

Comment

• jjahshik32
              • Sep 2007

Yea but the sale of the 805S took a bout 2 weeks to sell. But the htm4 was pretty quick on craigslist.

Also when I bought the htm4 you know that plastic hole piece on the top right where the grill snaps on? That piece ripped off the first time I took the grill off and I had to exchange it 3 times to get one that was good.. I remember the modia people freaking out because of this.

Oh man I was sooo close in purchasing a pair of 803S from somebody locally just 1 and a half hours away for a even $4500. He told me that the modia store in austin tx let him go so he had to sell some of his stuff and he decided to sell the 803S which were only I believe 5-6 months old and I've talked to him on the phone as well, very very nice and cool guy. Very dedicated B&W user!

Anyway I was so close 2 times in going to meet him halfway to buy the pair off of him but I needed to sell some of my other toys and the 805S + the htm4 that's why I panicked so much as the guy had his 803S on ebay and time was running out... this is why I was going all crazy attacking the forums!! ;x(

Anyway.. I was suppose to meet him up but I called and told him that I couldnt make the deadline and he really wanted to sell me those pair and wanted it to go to a good home.. anyways all and all my financial situation came first.. but if I did have time to sell my other stuff + the 805S + htm4 then I could have made the 803S purchase and even a new rotel amp if I wanted to...

I feel bad for the guy as he only was able to sell it for $3995 + shipping. :cry:

Comment

• Allegiance
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by jjahshik32
                this is why I was going all crazy attacking the forums!! ;x(
                Don't we all remember :M

Comment

• speakerboy
                  • Nov 2005

My pair was the one that went for over $1900 on Ebay! In fact, I've sold two pairs of 805 speakers on Ebay and I'm planning to sell my 803 pair and HTM1 center in a couple of weeks on Ebay too. A lot of B&W dealers offer no discounts. So $1900 is still cheaper than paying $2800+tax = over $3000. As a seller, make sure you provide plenty of information to the buyer and pictures that can be validated to maximize your sale. Just make sure you know who sell to and that it doesn't ship overseas...assuming you are in the US...it's not worth the risk. Original boxes definitely help with resale value. I'm the type to prefer an item that has its original box/packaging.

Comment

• atchudy
                    • Nov 2007

Thanks, I am thinking about ebay, but the fees are pretty high. Does Audiogon have fees?

BTW they are regular 805's not the S Model

Comment

• speakerboy
                      • Nov 2005

Thanks, I am thinking about ebay, but the fees are pretty high. Does Audiogon have fees?

BTW they are regular 805's not the S Model
                      Lower fees (Audiogon) or more eyeballs (Ebay)...you will have to decide. I was under the same situation as you a few months ago trying to decide. My $1900 sale cost me just over $50 in Ebay fees and I had the buyer send me a money order. Can't comment on Audiogon...I believe it's a one-time $20 fee. I think 805 speakers go for around $1500 on Audiogon...? I hear there is less scammage there...but as always, be careful with online sales.
                      Last edited by speakerboy; 29 May 2008, 14:16 Thursday.

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"