X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EastCoaster
    • Jan 2006

805S and CM1 - brothers? sisters?

B&W writes that "[t]he CM1 mini-monitor was designed and developed in tandem with the 805s from the 800 Series and shares that model’s driver and crossover technology, along with its remarkable musical ability."

Has anyone auditioned the 805S and the CM1 side by side? Are they similar?

My point is, what would happen if you add two CM1s to four 805S and HTM4 to create a 7.1 systems (hanging up two little CM1s for HT use...)?

Good? Bad? Ugly? Any thoughts?
  • Blindamood
    • Sep 2003

Seems like they might make a pretty good match. Specs are very similar, although the CM1 is a bit less sensitive (84dB). Also, the only matching color is Rosenut, if you care about that.

I've actually considered a second HTM4S as a center back in a 6.1 setup, but can't easily run another wire to my rear wall. Is that an option for you? A pair of SCMS also seems like a great match, but quite a bit more $ than the CM1s.
    Brad

Comment

• EastCoaster
      • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Blindamood
      Seems like they might make a pretty good match. Specs are very similar, although the CM1 is a bit less sensitive (84dB). Also, the only matching color is Rosenut, if you care about that.

I've actually considered a second HTM4S as a center back in a 6.1 setup, but can't easily run another wire to my rear wall. Is that an option for you? A pair of SCMS also seems like a great match, but quite a bit more $ than the CM1s.
      Rosenut is my color :T I think adding an HTM4 for a 6.1 setup is an interesting idea - I didn't think about that, and it's probably a natural for that given how it's wider. But then what happens if you want to turn it into a 7.1, just add another HTM4? I'm trying to think of a low-cost alternative for a 7.1 system, but maybe the answer is that this is not the place for cost-cutting... :W

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"