X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • btf1980
    • Aug 2007

B&W Music Club - Anyone a member?

Looks promising. Anyone sample the wares? Worth it?

A camera, passport, good music, good food and good company is all I need.
  • dknightd
    • Mar 2006

Haven't tried it. Let us know what you think.

Comment

• wgriel
      • May 2006

I signed up on a "trial" basis. It costs nothing and you can download EPs from the disks for up to 3 months.

I've downloaded the first EP from Little Axe - and I have to say "wow"!

The sound quality of the recording is stunning! Naturally it sounds the best on B&W speakers :W

The music style is a bit hard to categorize though. It might not appeal to everyone, but I hear a blend of swampy blues, a bit of reggae, some gospel. I think it's growing on me and I will probably upgrade to get the full album.

Comment

• btf1980
        • Aug 2007

Originally posted by wgriel
        I signed up on a "trial" basis. It costs nothing and you can download EPs from the disks for up to 3 months.

I've downloaded the first EP from Little Axe - and I have to say "wow"!

The sound quality of the recording is stunning! Naturally it sounds the best on B&W speakers :W

The music style is a bit hard to categorize though. It might not appeal to everyone, but I hear a blend of swampy blues, a bit of reggae, some gospel. I think it's growing on me and I will probably upgrade to get the full album.
        Thanks, i'll give the trial a whirl. 8)
        A camera, passport, good music, good food and good company is all I need.

Comment

• Tommy
          • Dec 2006

Downloaded the trial, not my style of music. But the sound quality is pretty great.

Comment

• Briz vegas
            Super Senior Member
            • Mar 2005

Downloaded the trial. Yeah does not do it for me either. Its trying to be all things without doing anything for me. Its like they are trying to put too much into each song. If you put on some old blues you instantly notice how much more space in is in the sound - it has room to breath and you can enjoy each part of the music. This is just everything at once - thats my first impression anyway.

I just put on Howling Wolf. Smokestack Lightnin' - even the title is cool. Now this is the blues - gets the foot tapping, loads of character, great stuff.

It will be interesting to see what else they have picked.
            Mac 8gb SSD Audirvana ->Weiss INT202 firewire interface ->Naim DAC & XPS2 DR->Conrad Johnson CT5 & LP70S-> Vivid B1s. Nordost Valhalla cables & resonance management. (Still waiting for Paul Hynes PS:M)
            Siamese :evil: :twisted:

Comment

• Mark-n-b
              • Apr 2005

Well I'm a rock/electronic/orchestra fan myself but with a few beers and played at a reasonable volume it sounds pretty good I think.

Comment

• wgriel
                • May 2006

Originally posted by Mark-n-b
                Well I'm a rock/electronic/orchestra fan myself but with a few beers and played at a reasonable volume it sounds pretty good I think.
                I know this might be a minority opinion, but I have grown to quite like it. It's one of those recordings that seems to sound better when played quite loud

Comment

• wgriel
                  • May 2006

I just thought I'd point out that a new album is now available on the music club. I think it might be a bit more approachable for some than the Little Axe album!

Comment

• Briz vegas
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Mar 2005

Not bad. Will have to download the EP and give it a proper spin.

I hope it is a bit more gritty than the last one.
                    Mac 8gb SSD Audirvana ->Weiss INT202 firewire interface ->Naim DAC & XPS2 DR->Conrad Johnson CT5 & LP70S-> Vivid B1s. Nordost Valhalla cables & resonance management. (Still waiting for Paul Hynes PS:M)
                    Siamese :evil: :twisted:

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"