Is there anyone who is a member of Society of Sound?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AwArEnEsS
    • Nov 2009

Is there anyone who is a member of Society of Sound?

Is there anyone who is a member of B&W's Society of Sound club?I want to ask what is something called in some songs I downloaded from Society of Sound.

For example,Justin Adams and Juldeh Camara - Achoo song.In this song there is some sound which I think that it shadows/distorts clarity,it's like "muffled" maybe.Or can you define this music as a clean sound/music?Or Do you hear that sound too?I wonder what it is called,it maybe some low frequency sound but when I hear that sound in some songs it annoys me a bit.I am trying to if my sound system has a problem or if it is a normal thing in some songs.So if you are/were a member of that club and could help me about this I would be very glad.
    The universe arises from definitionless awareness.
  • Skyblue
    • Jun 2009

Originally posted by AwArEnEsS
    Is there anyone who is a member of B&W's Society of Sound club?I want to ask what is something called in some songs I downloaded from Society of Sound.

For example,Justin Adams and Juldeh Camara - Achoo song.In this song there is some sound which I think that it shadows/distorts clarity,it's like "muffled" maybe.Or can you define this music as a clean sound/music?Or Do you hear that sound too?I wonder what it is called,it maybe some low frequency sound but when I hear that sound in some songs it annoys me a bit.I am trying to if my sound system has a problem or if it is a normal thing in some songs.So if you are/were a member of that club and could help me about this I would be very glad.
    I'm a member since about a year ago, but I cannot find that particular song in my system. Are you sure you got it from B&W Society of Sound? I cannot see it in their listing either.
    B&W 800 Diamond, B&W805S, B&W DB1, Classe SSP 800, DIY Icepower ASX2 600W monos, Ayre QB9, JPlay.

Comment

• AwArEnEsS
      • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Skyblue
      I'm a member since about a year ago, but I cannot find that particular song in my system. Are you sure you got it from B&W Society of Sound? I cannot see it in their listing either.
      I see it through B&W download manager.Inside Justin Adams & Julden Camara - Afrobilly Sessions album,there is this "Achoo" song.

Comment

• Skyblue
        • Jun 2009

I see it through B&W download manager.Inside Justin Adams & Julden Camara - Afrobilly Sessions album,there is this "Achoo" song.
        Hmm. I don't use the manager. Perhaps theres a bug on their site?? Its definetely not there.. A sec.
        B&W 800 Diamond, B&W805S, B&W DB1, Classe SSP 800, DIY Icepower ASX2 600W monos, Ayre QB9, JPlay.

Comment

• Skyblue
          • Jun 2009

Well, there was a couple more albums in the dl manager than on the site itself. Strange. Well, 3 more albums on the way, so that is good news.

I'll report on the achoo song as soon as its down here

Comment

• Skyblue
            • Jun 2009

Hmm ok, so now I gave it a listen.

I'm sorry to say that I cannot hear any major errors in my headphone system. There does seem to be some deep drums and a baseline going on once in a while. And I do seem to hear some distortion on the female quoir. Definately strange singing/or remixing. Actually while lstening I'm fairly certain that they do use some sort of distortion on some of the instruments and voices. At 3.48 the music suddenly quite clear.

So, depending on what your problem is, I do think it does sound a bit strange. Have you tried Micah P Hinson, Suzanne? It is quite clear with his fantastic voice.

System: Win7 > Ayre AB-9 > Heed Canamp > Denon ah d5000.

Comment

• AwArEnEsS
              • Nov 2009

Thanks for your answer.

I think my problem is like the thing you described.Maybe I don't like that type of distorted music and it makes me think that there maybe a problem with my sound system or with the recording,but seems like there is not.Seems like they intend that distortion.

I think Micah P Hinson- Suzanne is not in Society of Sound,true?I will give it a listen.

Comment

• Skyblue
                • Jun 2009

Thanks for your answer.

I think Micah P Hinson- Suzanne is not in Society of Sound,true?I will give it a listen.I think my problem is like the thing you described.
                Ehm. No Micah is not there in the download manager. However, he can be found if you log into the site.

I wonder how they came up with this organization..

well, theres lot of orchestra music, lso and enrico moricone. They should generally sound as you would expect them to.

Comment

• Nolan B
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Sep 2005

I have been a member for a while....havet found a single song that interests me thou. Mind you i have sort of given up looking into it.

Comment

• AwArEnEsS
                    • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Skyblue
                    Hmm ok, so now I gave it a listen.

I'm sorry to say that I cannot hear any major errors in my headphone system. There does seem to be some deep drums and a baseline going on once in a while. And I do seem to hear some distortion on the female quoir. Definately strange singing/or remixing. Actually while lstening I'm fairly certain that they do use some sort of distortion on some of the instruments and voices. At 3.48 the music suddenly quite clear.

So, depending on what your problem is, I do think it does sound a bit strange. Have you tried Micah P Hinson, Suzanne? It is quite clear with his fantastic voice.
                    Yeah,after a listening I thought that song(Suzanne) is clear...

well, theres lot of orchestra music, lso and enrico moricone. They should generally sound as you would expect them to.
                    I didn't find Enrico Morricone's "Ecstacy of The Gold From The Good The Bad And The Ugly" much clear.What do you think about that music?
                    But "Once Upon A Time In The West" is clear I think.

Comment

• Skyblue
                      • Jun 2009

Yeah,after a listening I thought that song(Suzanne) is clear...

I didn't find Enrico Morricone's "Ecstacy of The Gold From The Good The Bad And The Ugly" much clear.What do you think about that music?
                      But "Once Upon A Time In The West" is clear I think.
                      I generally agree with your statements. Some music is very clear. The original piece we discussed seemed distorted somehow. My system is somewhat transparent and I can hear distorition when its there..

Also I agree that the music is somewhat boring. Some of it is nice, but I havent really listened to any of it more than twice. Except for Mr. Micah.

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"