X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sc2
    • Feb 2008

WM6 Outdoor Speakers

I am looking into some outdoor speakers, does anybody have any experience with these? or do you have other recommendations.

thanks!

Steve
    Steve
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

They pretty much jam, need a lot of power, and don't have as much adjustability as other outdoor speakers. The WM4's and 2's aren't worth the money.

For less money the Polk Atrium 55's are really nice as well.

Kevin D.

Comment

• htsteve
      Super Senior Member
      • Sep 2004

Originally posted by sc2
      I am looking into some outdoor speakers, does anybody have any experience with these? or do you have other recommendations.

thanks!

Steve
      I have the W6's on my patio. They are driven by a Rotel 1062 integrated, 60 wpc I think. They sound very, very good. Far better than other outdoor speakers I've heard. The downside is that they cost more than other outdoor speakers.

Comment

• sc2
        • Feb 2008

This is good to hear, my dealer also recommends speakercraft OE8-three ($800 pr), he says, these sound much better than the WM6's, more bass, (he sells both). Anybody heard the speakercrafts?

Also, do/ would you run these in a mono output? Lots to consider...

Steve
        Steve

Comment

• wettou
          Ultra Senior Member
          • May 2006

Originally posted by htsteve
          I have the W6's on my patio. They are driven by a Rotel 1062 integrated, 60 wpc I think. They sound very, very good. Far better than other outdoor speakers I've heard. The downside is that they cost more than other outdoor speakers.
          Yes I have them as well four pairs around the yard great music but be careful if you live on the coast they rust after 4 years!!!
          Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• htsteve
            Super Senior Member
            • Sep 2004

Originally posted by sc2
            This is good to hear, my dealer also recommends speakercraft OE8-three ($800 pr), he says, these sound much better than the WM6's, more bass, (he sells both). Anybody heard the speakercrafts?

Also, do/ would you run these in a mono output? Lots to consider...

Steve

No, they are not run in mono. Also, I've had no issues with their build quality.
            They are quite durable and they sound good.

Comment

• wca156
              • Jun 2005

I also have the W6 speakers on my deck and they sound great.
              Bill

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"