X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Carol W.
    • May 2008

Help with price for B&W 801 and DM2000?

Hi, I just found this great site and sure hope some of you experts can help me find out what these old speakers are worth. I inherited these recently and want to sell them. One set is pretty old (I think) and weigh about 115 pounds each. They are labeled as Model 801 and have some scratches on them.

The other set looks more modern, are smaller and weigh about 60-70 lbs or so. They are labeled Model DM2000.

Do you recognize these as B&W styles? Any idea what I should price I should ask? Any comments or suggestions are welcome. Thanks, Carol
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Aussie Geoff; 08 May 2008, 05:33 Thursday.
  • beden1
    Super Senior Member
    • Oct 2006

According to a source I checked, I got the following:

DM2000 was released in 1978. They are valued at around $360 for the pair.

Model 801 (Matrix) was released in 1987. They have a value range of $850 to $1,960 a pair, and depending on condition.

Comment

• Carol W.
      • May 2008

Beden1, Thanks for the prices. Anyone want these in the Seattle / South King County area? Shipping them would be a hassle because of the weight. Wish I could use them... Carol

Comment

• RNKC
        • Jun 2005

I'm a little late in this thread, but for what it's worth ...

The 801 looks like a Matrix 801 Series 80. That's an older version of the Matrix lineup. The scratches on the front and the stain on the top left corner will unfortunately greatly devalue the the speaker.

It's a fine speaker sonically though and even today, holds its own. I personally prefer the more modern Nautilus sound, but the old Matrix 801 sound is really very good and there will be many people interested in having that speaker.

I'd recommend you try posting the speakers for sale on Audiogon.com. If they are Series 80, I think you'd be lucky to get $1000 for them in that condition. But you never know - see what offers you can get for them

Good luck!

Comment

• Roadrunnertwo
          • Nov 2013

Purchase of your B&W speakers, 5 years ago

Originally posted by Carol W.
          Hi, I just found this great site and sure hope some of you experts can help me find out what these old speakers are worth. I inherited these recently and want to sell them. One set is pretty old (I think) and weigh about 115 pounds each. They are labeled as Model 801 and have some scratches on them.

The other set looks more modern, are smaller and weigh about 60-70 lbs or so. They are labeled Model DM2000.

Do you recognize these as B&W styles? Any idea what I should price I should ask? Any comments or suggestions are welcome. Thanks, Carol

Carol: I'm the individual that purchased the two Pairs of speakers and just wanted to thank you for the

many hours of listening I have gotten from both of them.

Roadrunertwo

Comment

• BVLDARI
            • Dec 2012

Ha, cool!

Comment

• SPACEMANRICK
              • May 2005

That is great that you found eachother on here over 5 years after the original post !!!

Comment

• DM3000 Owner
                • Jun 2006

How do you like the DM2000s?

I still have my DM3000s in a spare room. Always liked the DMs, they remind me of a nice tube amped system, but without a loss of imaging and detail. Nice warm sound.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                😂
                🥰
                😘
                🤢
                😎
                😞
                😡
                👍
                👎
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"